YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men vs Oakland

(1/3) > >>

YsuPride:
We need a statement win this coming Sunday .  They are tough and have a hall of fame coach. So anything can transpire.   I hope our rest pays off.

YsuPride:
Oakland has played the toughest schedule so far in the league so.far.  They beat Xavier on the road earlier this year and lost to Ohio state by 6 and Illinois by single digits I believe.   So they are tough on the road.

mudclods:
Cleveland St beat Oakland 75-67 at CSU last night.  Oakland trailed by 23 points late in the first half.

YsuPride:
I watched 2nd half on ESPN +.  Oakland play zone but they foul alot.  Let's see how we do.  I am concerned that we haven't played a game in 10 days which could mean rusty.  Then again fresh as well.  Hoping for a crowd of 3500 but that is stretching it.  Good to see we have been announced as a ESPN 2 live game at home Friday the 12th of January.  9pm tip.  Go Guins!!!!

YsuPride:
We need to get to the line on Oakland because they will lose when out free throwed so be on look out for that.   They really suck to a point if the opposing team gets more attempts then they do.    They have the 12th best schedule in the nation so no shying away from playing the major schools.  They have a win at Xavier which is huge.   But 6-8 overall.  Mind boggling. Never know until we play the game. They are a tough nitty-gritty type team. I expect a good game from them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version