YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguins Announce December Signees

<< < (4/7) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 26, 2023, 03:18:25 PM ---IAA Fan couldn't disagree with you more about YSU  men's basketball.   It is all we have at the university that has any chance of national Notoriety.

--- End quote ---

Well I guess that we have no chance then.

To quote Popeye - I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam.

YSU is mid major in all sports and that most likely will never change. From time to time football may make a run and be mentioned on ESPN for a while. Same thing for both bb teams. At this point all three teams will be excited to just make the playoffs. Not saying that is a bad or disappointing thing but just the way it is.

Wick250:
I don't understand the hostility between football-centric and basketball-centric YSU fans. Just enjoy that both teams are now successful, and the women gave us a decade of quality before that program collapsed this season.

On the matter of being a basketball school and basketball gaining national notoriety, Calhoun is not building the foundation for long-term dominance. By bringing in a batch of senior/grad student transfers each year, he is striving to advance to the big time. When he leaves, probably after this season, he will take Lovelace and the 7-footer with him. The next coach will barely have enough bodies to place a team on the court. That is not something that happens at a basketball school.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 26, 2023, 04:34:56 PM ---I don't understand the hostility between football-centric and basketball-centric YSU fans. Just enjoy that both teams are now successful, and the women gave us a decade of quality before that program collapsed this season.

On the matter of being a basketball school and basketball gaining national notoriety, Calhoun is not building the foundation for long-term dominance. By bringing in a batch of senior/grad student transfers each year, he is striving to advance to the big time. When he leaves, probably after this season, he will take Lovelace and the 7-footer with him. The next coach will barely have enough bodies to place a team on the court. That is not something that happens at a basketball school.

--- End quote ---

I absolutely despise basketball.  It's an awful sport.  I only like contact sports like Football and Boxing.

YsuPride:
Basketball is a contact sport.  What do you mean contact?  Last time I seen a game they are physical and body each other.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 27, 2023, 09:33:37 AM ---Basketball is a contact sport.  What do you mean contact?  Last time I seen a game they are physical and body each other.

--- End quote ---

It's not a contact sport. It's ghey. Football and Boxing are Men's sports.  Basketball is for the beta males.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version