YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU - Navy MBB

(1/3) > >>

mudclods:
YSU is a 9.5-10 point favorite, was 10.5 last night. 

Navy is 3-6.  They beat Coppin State by 23, but they are just 1-12.  They beat VMI by 20, but they are just 2-10.  They beat D3 Washington MD by 58. 

In their 2 most recent D1 games they only lost to 9-2 George Washington by 2 in OT and 8-3 Quinnipiac by 3.  They also only lost to Temple by 7 and San Diego by 8.

Navy only averages a bit over 67 a game and gives up under 62 a game.

In 5 of their 6 losses, they've failed to score 70 points.  The only game they did was the George Washington OT game so you have to feel like if YSU can get into the 70s they have a good shot.

YSU is up to 102 in the net rankings and Navy sits at 274.

Would sure be nice enter the holidays and get back into conference play at 10-3 and 2-0

IAA Fan:
I would think that Navy should draw a crowd.

mudclods:
Very nice crowd. YSU leads 38-32 at halftime.

YSU came out sharp with a lot of energy & led by as much as 12 on a couple different occasions but got stagnant late in the first half. Only scored 2 points the last 4:17.

YSU missed at least 3 layups & some good 3 points looks. Just 3-14 from 3. Rebounding is even & YSU has the size advantage.

Double ET:
YSU won 75-65.
I was at the game. Navy was never in the game. They trailed as much as 17 points. They never came close to pulling ahead of us. Ross was good tonight.

ucfpengbuck:
Great work by DJ Burns in scoring and rebounding.   If the guys can increase their percentage from three this probably would have been a blow out but credit Navy for not laying down although I thought YSU should of won by 20.

The bench and minutes looked to get tighter today.   Need Thompson to keep his tenacity but not get silly fouls.  I'm starting to think he might be the straw that stirs the drink going forward.

Just noticed in the box score that there was a block party.  Guys had 10 blocks today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version