YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball vs Bethany

<< < (2/3) > >>

mudclods:
Ziggy is out for tonight's game with a sprained ankle...doesn't appear to be anything serious. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: mudclods on December 14, 2023, 12:48:23 PM ---Ziggy is out for tonight's game with a sprained ankle...doesn't appear to be anything serious.

--- End quote ---

May be a good game to miss

ucfpengbuck:
I also heard coach say that Western Illinois paid 25k to pull out so Bethany filled the void as Lake Erie did for Niagra.  I'm thinking he wants to maintain Westminster as the one non-D1 game and the others were unfortunate circumstances.

I was under the impression that freshmen can play in four games and still maintain their red shirt status.   Should we expext to see some of thr frosh that haven't seen the court this season ?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 14, 2023, 03:01:50 PM ---I also heard coach say that Western Illinois paid 25k to pull out so Bethany filled the void as Lake Erie did for Niagra.  I'm thinking he wants to maintain Westminster as the one non-D1 game and the others were unfortunate circumstances.

I was under the impression that freshmen can play in four games and still maintain their red shirt status.   Should we expext to see some of thr frosh that haven't seen the court this season ?

--- End quote ---

I believe that's the case on freshman.  I was surprised we didn't see any play in the Ohio Christian game.  You would think tonight's game would be an opportunity.  There's Kirkland, DePante & Breland.  David Wilkerson is a sophomore on the roster that hasn't played. 

I think Westminster is a good game to keep on the schedule annually.  They typically have a good team and it's a close school that brings people to the game.  I'm surprised the local D2's of SRU, Edinboro or maybe Clarion aren't ever on the schedule

mudclods:
I know arguably YSU's best defender, Ziggy Reid, is not playing but it's unacceptable to give up 39 first half points to Bethany, who is playing for the third straight night & 4th in the last 5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version