YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball vs Bethany

<< < (3/3)

ucfpengbuck:
I  think coach is losing his mind because of close out on shooters and over all lack of discipline on defense. I'm sure they'll blow them out but our guys love to leave their feet on ball fakes.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 14, 2023, 07:19:51 PM ---I  think coach is losing his mind because of close out on shooters and over all lack of discipline on defense. I'm sure they'll blow them out but our guys love to leave their feet on ball fakes.

--- End quote ---

100%. YSU has played good defense for much of the year, but tonight is not one of those nights

mudclods:
Another excellent game for John Lovelace.  He plays so hard and so fast and doesn't take a play off...guys can really learn from him.

Gabe Dynes continues to improve.  He's already exceeded my expectations of him this year.  Hope YSU can hold onto him into the future.  He can become a real force.

Brett Thompson has injected so much life into YSU since he's started.  His shooting has really improved as well.  My only concern with him is he can keep his composure in big games.  Last night was his second technical foul.  Bryson Langdon also picked up one in an offsetting for both teams, and that was his 5th foul.  I know Coach wasn't pleased.

Brandon Rush continues to struggle from 3.

Nice to see EJ Farmer score the ball as he's really struggled this year, but he's still just 1-20 from 3 this year.  I went back and looked at his stats at Toledo.  In his freshman year he was just 1-12 but last year improved to 12 of 30. 

Dmorton:
Cleveland state beats Bradley on the road!

YsuPride:
Good win for our conference.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version