YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Now that you know the final 4 teams where are we in the top 25?

<< < (3/7) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 11, 2023, 08:23:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 10, 2023, 02:57:45 PM ---Where do we belong in the top 25 (this year)?

--- End quote ---

Not even in. Get the blinders off. My gosh look how much NDSU improved in the last half of the season, they became the best team in the country & reputation is the only thing that got them in the play-off. Just as YSU did in the 90's when we played such light schedules and lost to any decent team played in the regular season. The upper-end Big Sky and CAA teams are clearly a step above us (Idaho, Montana, MSU, Nova & Albany). We were not going to beat Villanova & next year they will be playing with more future CUSA players that are even better. Look at all the FBS teams adding Villanova to their schedule

Nova lost to SDSU 23-12 OUT WEST, while YSU could not even manage a score against SDSU in a 34-0 loss AT HOME. We will not compete until we have the players.

--- End quote ---

Don't smoke crack

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 10, 2023, 02:57:45 PM ---Where do we belong in the top 25 (this year)?

--- End quote ---

Not even in. Get the blinders off. My gosh look how much NDSU improved in the last half of the season, they became the best team in the country & reputation is the only thing that got them in the play-off. Just as YSU did in the 90's when we played such light schedules and lost to any decent team played in the regular season. The upper-end Big Sky and CAA teams are clearly a step above us (Idaho, Montana, MSU, Nova & Albany). We were not going to beat Villanova & next year they will be playing with more future CUSA players that are even better. Look at all the FBS teams adding Villanova to their schedule

Nova lost to SDSU 23-12 OUT WEST, while YSU could not even manage a score against SDSU in a 34-0 loss AT HOME. We will not compete until we have the players.

--- End quote ---

I assume that you are kidding and just trying to spur some debate.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: guinpen on December 11, 2023, 09:02:29 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I assume that you are kidding and just trying to spur some debate.

--- End quote ---

He's serious. Needs to lay off the crack pipe.

The wind was a major factor in the SDSU vs Villanova game. The wind limited the throwing of both teams. Villanova has better line play than YSU.  YSU has a comparable passing game.  Nova has better defensive coaches, probably a better collection of LB's and a better DL.  YSU had better athletes in the secondary, but they have bad coaching and ZERO pressure from the DL to help the coverage (when they got the coverage correctly handled).

In 2023 YSU is between #9 and #18.  It could be argued a lot of different ways.  But >20 is a crack induced response.  NDSU is going to get their ass handed to them by SDSU, who is clearly the best team in the nation

Wick250:
Let's not forget that Tressel, with the exception of Ken Connatzer (sp?) and veteran high school coach Bob Stoops, had a very young coaching staff. Some of these guys advanced to become prominent head coaches and coordinators. And that was an era when P5 assistants were not making too much more money than IAA head coaches.

The issue is not that Phillips has a young staff; the issue is does he have the right staff? Can these guys grow into good coaches and move on, to be replaced by the next generation of ambitious young men? Right now I feel that the problem with our defensive coaches is not their youth but rather their basic competence. You can't evolve in your profession if you lack the ability to be in that profession.

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 11, 2023, 10:23:57 AM ---Let's not forget that Tressel, with the exception of Ken Connatzer (sp?) and veteran high school coach Bob Stoops, had a very young coaching staff. Some of these guys advanced to become prominent head coaches and coordinators. And that was an era when P5 assistants were not making too much more money than IAA head coaches.

The issue is not that Phillips has a young staff; the issue is does he have the right staff? Can these guys grow into good coaches and move on, to be replaced by the next generation of ambitious young men? Right now I feel that the problem with our defensive coaches is not their youth but rather their basic competence. You can't evolve in your profession if you lack the ability to be in that profession.

--- End quote ---

The last good defensive coach we had really was Heacock and I guess you could say the Pelliini as well but they had the horses upfront to get the job done if you remember the Heacock era, we have many all Americans on a defensive line at linebacker and in the secondary so it does take players as well as coaches, and like what was said in the previous post head coach has to make the correct hire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version