YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Mens Basketball vs ohio u

(1/2) > >>

YsuPride:
Time to focus on mens basketball now that the season is over for football. Men play a very good Bobcat team on the road tomorrow night.  Any predictions?  Remember they beat us at home last year.

mudclods:
YSU has been a different team since inserting Brett Thompson into the starting lineup the last 3 games.  Offense looks much more fluid and he's played well on the defensive end. 

I still feel like Rush is struggling.  He's averaging just over 13 but if you take out the game against NAIA Ohio Christian where he scored 32 hitting 10 3's he averaging under 10.5 a game and his 3-pt % would drop to 26%.  I really expected him to be in the 16-17 ppg avg.

Finally getting production out of Lovelace.  Would like to see a little more consistency from Burns.  His outside shot has surprised me as he's shooting 42% from 3.  Farmer has been disappointing and is just 1-15 from 3.  I've liked what I've seen from Dynes.  His height causes a lot of disruptions on defense.  He needs to be more confident on offense.  There's been several times he's gotten rebounds & such and had an easy basket, but didn't even attempt to look at the hoop and just kicked it out.   

Ohio is 5-2 with wins against Troy, Detroit, Brown, Middle TN & Delaware, while they lost to CSU by 4 on the road & 5 to George Washington in the Bahamas.  I think if YSU plays like they have the last 3 games they definitely can win.  Ohio is 110 in the net rankings to YSU's 128.  Would have to think YSU would be a 5-7 point underdog.

mudclods:
YSU is an 8.5 pt underdog.  I'm a bit surprised it's that high.

YsuPride:
I think the spread is correct giving our last 20 years against the Mac conference.

YsuPride:
We play two schools for the mac this Year. Both on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version