YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU and the Portal

<< < (12/15) > >>

nova75:
You can’t base the overall talent level off a a few one off kids that made it to the NFL. In my opinion the 93/94 teams would smack the crap out of the 23 team.

ysubigred:
But, but, but the 70 Bears would skull drag the 23 Eagles.. :o

YSUGO:
We offered this lb from Iowa St.  Heacock is the D coordinator

https://x.com/carstonmarshall/status/1734717518273491036?s=46&t=SqaSHXYmGnI4EDZFC6T0VA

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 13, 2023, 08:30:55 AM ---We offered this lb from Iowa St.  Heacock is the D coordinator

--- End quote ---

And he is making about 1 million a year, or just under.

jcrum918@gmail.com:

--- Quote from: nova75 on December 12, 2023, 05:12:49 PM ---You can’t base the overall talent level off a a few one off kids that made it to the NFL. In my opinion the 93/94 teams would smack the crap out of the 23 team.

--- End quote ---
That isn't the case.  I feel this year we have a lot of talent top to bottom. Best o line  since 2016.  Best recievers overall possibly ever.  Some solid talent on d but also some holes.   If I go back to the 90's we had a lot of talent but also some weak areas depending on the year. Our consistent strength was the lines.  We had some years with only one or 2 good receivers. Tight ends were week overall compared to recent talent - Ogletree and Rader.  This isn't a knock on strollo. Lol. Nice discussion though.  I feel strongly the opposite of some commenters and I've spoke to some recent players who agree. Fcs is much stronger now than in the 90s especially in MVFC.  At a game this year I spoke with McAllister. Nice young man. He is on rams practice squad waiting for his turn in the starting lineup.  He was our lineman through some of our down years realistically.  I would be curious to see fcs NFL players by year. I can't find that info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version