YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU and the Portal

<< < (9/15) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: goodnews on December 08, 2023, 10:13:59 PM ---The AD gets paid to figure these things out.  Some may agree and others may disagree but its his job! I'm not gonna bash the guy as he has done some good things for the programs. However, he has been on numerous competition committees and had to know what was go to happen.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I do not understand ... what is his job again?  The AD has absolutely nothing to do with the portal, any players coming or going. The AD makes the determination on dollar amounts being paid to athletes and is influential in name usage, but when it comes to players ... that is about it.

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 10, 2023, 12:03:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 10, 2023, 09:16:52 AM ---We shall see if Brady Shannon is rusty.   Not a bad get but we will need more transfers a that position

--- End quote ---

Did he get any D1 offers to play QB when he came out of HS? If I recall, Crenshaw was also a 3 star recruit who could run but not pass. I hope this guy could do better.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the insight but a recruit with no experience has been out of football for a few years isn’t the answer as a starter and a D1 program. We’ve had plenty of quarterbacks that could run and not pass and let us to mediocre results. Sounds like this guy is a project he needs time to develop.

ysubigred:
WOW!! Another wasted scholly on a QB project!! BB (6-0) is too short for FCS football, right?? Ask the kid from Albany (5-11), Baker from SIU (5-9) nothing good ever became of them.

Need to spend schollies on defense!

YSU football the home of incompetence.

GooooGuins!!

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on December 11, 2023, 11:48:05 AM ---WOW!! Another wasted scholly on a QB project!! BB (6-0) is too short for FCS football, right?? Ask the kid from Albany (5-11), Baker from SIU (5-9) nothing good ever became of them.

GooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
Baker played like crap against us.  As for BB, the coach wouldn’t let him throw so WTH knows what he can do.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 11, 2023, 05:28:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on December 11, 2023, 11:48:05 AM ---WOW!! Another wasted scholly on a QB project!! BB (6-0) is too short for FCS football, right?? Ask the kid from Albany (5-11), Baker from SIU (5-9) nothing good ever became of them.

GooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
Baker played like crap against us.  As for BB, the coach wouldn’t let him throw so WTH knows what he can do.

--- End quote ---

So? Baker was a baller.. Check out what he accomplished -minus a game YSU pulled out their ass against them. My gut tells me BB is a bigger faster version of Baker.

Hey, Go can you do some of us a solid? Post the link to the portal you're seeing all these Guins on. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version