YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football: 2024 and Beyond

<< < (4/7) > >>

goodnews:
How times have changed!  We are getting a Slippery Rock transfer.  It used to be the other way around.  Yeah, the transfer players bios lack any substance.  Time will tell if they belong and if YSU belongs!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on January 16, 2024, 05:21:48 PM ---Wonder why they transfered out.  Michigan st grabbed one of them.  Was it the DC not good enough?  Just saying....

--- End quote ---
It might just be a business decision. The upside is that they will be in a better program with additional visibility (being signed by NFL) and $$ (NIL).
Obviously, the down side is that if they don’t get enough playing time (riding the bench).
Personally, I can’t fault them for going for it. Nothing personal, it’s just good business.

peteonastick:
Transfer and NIL have changed the landscape of college sports. As my dad used to say…sh** or get off the pot. Time to go hard in the portal.  We have to reload.  Heard from a good source that the defensive scheme this past year was way too complicated for the players we had. Paralysis through analysis. Showed in the Villanova game. Need to amplify the defense and get athletes and hard kids on D.  I like the fact we are hitting the portal. Who knows how these kids will be?? We picked a D2 player from Lake Erie College that ended up being in the NFL. Maybe they just need the right connection with a program and position coach. I think a combination of player development and portal and we can be better than last year.

Go Guins!

Wick250:
The 14 transfers that we added to the program are now listed with their bios on the university athletics site. 10 from FBS, 2 from FCS, and 2 from D2. Plenty of high school accolades for a few of these guys, including those "star ratings" that some get so excited about.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 17, 2024, 08:47:02 AM ---The 14 transfers that we added to the program are now listed with their bios on the university athletics site. 10 from FBS, 2 from FCS, and 2 from D2. Plenty of high school accolades for a few of these guys, including those "star ratings" that some get so excited about.

--- End quote ---

A few with 3 stars rating and couple transfers from Pittsburgh and Penn State are exciting, at least on paper. I didn’t see any on the OL. Hopefully, We may get some of them in the February signing period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version