YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football: 2024 and Beyond

<< < (3/7) > >>

YSUGO:
In my opinion, 2024 is going to be a rebuilding year. Too many question marks on defense with the influx of transfers out. Quarterback is another issue. Hopefully we get a late transfer with some experience.  What’s on the depth chart now is very weak.  Offensive line will be steady.  Wide receivers OK.  Tight end and running back our average.   Defensive line we are starting over linebacker as well, and honestly even DB.  Phillips Phillips touted when he was higher, he would build depth. Will be tested in 2024.  Again I’m firing off a warning shot. The state of the NIL in and portal.  Building any kind of.Depth and developing top talent will be suspect and tough and best.  The players are performing have realized at this level that they can move up. so don’t expect miracles and like I said we will continually be the third or fourth best team in this conference which will not bring the casual fan back. 
And until we find revenue or someway to pay coaches more and increase the revenue for NIL for athletes, nothing will change.  I feel 2024 is pivotal for the program and for FCS football. we need to look to the future that keep going back to the past. Most of us are diehard and dinosaurs fans. College football has changed and we need to figure out what direction to go..  some of you keep waiting and predicting the MAC will drop with the re-organization of college football. I don’t see that the NCAA might change its tier but they’re not going to force schools to drop.  FCS means nothing to the NCAA. so Strollo, or whoever needs to see where we need to be in the next 10 years.  You don’t wanna hear this, but being in the SEC of FCS means.Nothing to most recruits fans or media. anyways, getting off track and talking to dead horse on here. The dinosaurs still believe we can compete and win a championship in this league not happening ever as long as Dakotas are in the league We are just a spot on the schedule and they could care less if we left.

YSUGO:
It also looks like South Dakota St will return 18 Seniors and the Bison have a lot returning as well.  So if you all think we are moving up in the food chain not happening.

go guins:
Funny but we lament all the losses to the portal but looking and signings by YSU from the portal imo leaves us probably better not weeker.  Remember, for most games last year our defense was weak. My goodness, I read people lamenting the loss of Jordan Trowers. Good grief most games I wasn't sure he could cover me!  Also iver rooted for Wookie (intentional) and Johnson for years and will miss them but I thought they had used up all eligiblity at YSU.  Does anybody know actual status?
I see a lot of kids I think will compete for PT. O'Berry, Marshall, Shannon, Bray, Hopkins. There are a bunch of kids with potential coming from the portal. I am looking for improvement in 2024 NOzt rebuilding. Yes we lost our 3 best players Oliver King and Davidson but we have the best roster at this point than we've had for decades.

YsuPride:
It will be another rebuilding year.  The transfers in are not that good.  Most of them were bench sitters including the one from Gannon I believe.   Just saying.   We will be hard stretched to win 5 games

YsuPride:
Wonder why they transfered out.  Michigan st grabbed one of them.  Was it the DC not good enough?  Just saying....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version