YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm

<< < (20/23) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2023, 09:57:51 AM ---Albany has a great QB, they said he will be POY or Frosh of the year for sure. already won it for the CAA.  Albany stomped Villanova. I think it was 34-3. last night was just Just a bad environment for them

--- End quote ---

Wrong.  They were completely overmatched on the LOS and they lacked speed.  I would suspect that if Villanova played them 10 times they would win 8 of them.

Double ET:
I watched the first half of the game where they were behind 35-0. They lack the size and speed comparing to MVFC teams. I think YSU would have taken down those guys. Unfortunately, we had to play Nova at Philly. I think the top eight teams in MVFC are better. We might be too hard on ourselves
That also tells you the strength of MVFC when CAA is considered to be the second rated fcs conference.

Wick250:
I just looked up the Albany-Villanova game. Villanova had five turnovers; Albany had none.

As others have noted, Villanova is the only CAA team that has the size and strength up front to compete in the MVFC. With James Madison and Delaware now gone, the CAA has become Villanova and the (fill-in the blank) dwarfs.

The CAA joins the Southern Conference, once the home of multiple championship teams Georgia Southern, Marshall, and Appalachian State, as a second rate FCS conference.

Cimo7:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 16, 2023, 12:17:31 PM ---I just looked up the Albany-Villanova game. Villanova had five turnovers; Albany had none.

As others have noted, Villanova is the only CAA team that has the size and strength up front to compete in the MVFC. With James Madison and Delaware now gone, the CAA has become Villanova and the (fill-in the blank) dwarfs.

The CAA joins the Southern Conference, once the home of multiple championship teams Georgia Southern, Marshall, and Appalachian State, as a second rate FCS conference.

--- End quote ---

As we remain an irrelevant program in the irrelevant FCS.

guinpen:
The crowd at the Montana NDSU game is fantasic, kudos to the Griz fans!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version