YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm

<< < (15/23) > >>

ysu1982:
I doubt YSU would have won, but the turning point of the game was when YSU punted from Villanova 35-yard line. You cannot coach scared. Ask Ryan Day.

goodnews:

--- Quote from: ysu1982 on December 02, 2023, 09:43:41 PM ---I doubt YSU would have won, but the turning point of the game was when YSU punted from Villanova 35-yard line. You cannot coach scared. Ask Ryan Day.

--- End quote ---
LOL... Makes no sense when u went for it on 4th and 6 and scored a TD to take the lead.  Anyway, makes no sense in 2023 and under the circumstances all of the BAD game management is ON Philips and NO ONE ELSE.

YSU FAN#34:
Im not gonna say DP is THE guy, because I don’t know if he is. But please stop with the “principal” or “plenty of D2/3 coaches” crap. You’re making yourselves look silly.  You act like we never went 33-28 over 4 years, and 21-24 in 4 of 5 years, or lost to Butler with not just a D2 high school principal, BUT rather a POWER 5 coach.  By your logic, we should have had 4-star recruits and back to back championships from 2014-2019 with said-type of coach.  Except, we had ALL of that.  And last I checked, BP doesn’t have an education degree nor did he ever coach at the D2/2 level.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSU FAN#34 on December 03, 2023, 01:49:34 AM ---Im not gonna say DP is THE guy, because I don’t know if he is. But please stop with the “principal” or “plenty of D2/3 coaches” crap. You’re making yourselves look silly.  You act like we never went 33-28 over 4 years, and 21-24 in 4 of 5 years, or lost to Butler with not just a D2 high school principal, BUT rather a POWER 5 coach.  By your logic, we should have had 4-star recruits and back to back championships from 2014-2019 with said-type of coach.  Except, we had ALL of that.  And last I checked, BP doesn’t have an education degree nor did he ever coach at the D2/2 level.

--- End quote ---

Nice post.

I agree.

We should finish in the top 16 this year.  Let's say we finish 16th.  That puts us in the 88th percentile of all FCS teams.  We weren't competitive a few years ago. 

One last thing......I have a lot of respect for Bob Hannon's take with regard to FCS football.  He's exceptionally knowledgeable.  He not a casual fan by any means.  If you listen to his broadcasts he hints to everyone the talent depth and future of YSU football under Phillips and most of it is positive.

Everyone here should have known that when we played teams like USD and SDSU (both of them are still playing in the final 8) we were unable to get pressure on their QB and as a result they had all day to throw and make our defense look incompetent.  We are a couple of players away and another year of development away from fixing this issue.  I didn't understand how people can think you flip a switch with a coach and you get the best team in the country that plays the way you remember in the 1990's.  It's going to take time to build it right.  And as I've said before, we've gotten better under Phillips every single year.

Good take.

guinpen:
Nice, a couple of common-sense posts. I agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version