YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm

<< < (6/23) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 27, 2023, 05:16:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 27, 2023, 01:23:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 27, 2023, 11:03:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 26, 2023, 08:02:04 PM ---Not worthy of it's own thread but yesterday proved why auto-bids are a major joke.

Drake wins the Pioneer and loses to a third place team from another league 66-3.

Duquesne wins the NEC and gets bounced by a team that was the fifth or sixth team to get in from another league 40-7.

I am not bashing these teams or leagues, I'm sure that they look forward to the chance to play, but that just is not reality. Giving these leagues a spot is keeping another deserving team at home. Play-offs should be about the 24 best teams.

--- End quote ---

There was 10 auto bids. 6 of the 6 that played Saturday lost!!

Austin Peay - ASUN-WAC (UAC)
Gardner Web - Big South-OVC
Duquesne - NEC
Lafayette - Patriot
Drake - Pioneer
Nichols - Southland

4 other auto bids are seeded

16 teams left all from 4 conferences. MVFC, SoCon, Big Sky, and CAA.

--- End quote ---

Incarnate Word is Southland. They are very good. Lafayette played very well lost on the last  few seconds.

--- End quote ---

And? UIW didn't make the playoffs and Lafayette lost to a crappy Delaware team. Just sayin.. Need to dump the 24 team auto and go back to the best 16 teams with a strict criteria for the playoff spot.

--- End quote ---

16 teams would be the best as long as they are truly and simply the best 16 teams.

InTheYo:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 27, 2023, 11:28:38 AM ---We have a contingent heading out to Villanova. Been going to the YSU web page but no info on anything about the trip, tickets, team hotel, tailgating, etc…. Anyone hear anything!?!?

Go Guins!

--- End quote ---
Ticket info has been released from Youngstown State:
https://ysusports.com/news/2023/11/28/football-second-round-playoff-tickets-available-through-ysu.aspx

Hopefully we can easily fill the initial allotment of tickets we have been awarded!

InTheYo:
Who is making the trip to Villanova!? Looking forward to being there Saturday!

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: InTheYo on November 29, 2023, 01:15:21 PM ---Who is making the trip to Villanova!? Looking forward to being there Saturday!

--- End quote ---

Have 9 going. Another group I know has about 7-8 going

Go Guins!

Penquin68:
I see the game is on ESPN+, no local TV from what I see. It would be good to attract the average fan to YSU football by having it on local TV. Anyone know the reason no local TV? Also it seems ESPN is using their own announcers so naybe the cost to broadcast locally may be high or they won't sell it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version