YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm

<< < (4/23) > >>

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 26, 2023, 06:45:48 PM ---Our O line seems to have problems against a 3 man front

--- End quote ---

UNI exploited it and SDU blew them up with it.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 26, 2023, 08:02:04 PM ---Not worthy of it's own thread but yesterday proved why auto-bids are a major joke.

Drake wins the Pioneer and loses to a third place team from another league 66-3.

Duquesne wins the NEC and gets bounced by a team that was the fifth or sixth team to get in from another league 40-7.

I am not bashing these teams or leagues, I'm sure that they look forward to the chance to play, but that just is not reality. Giving these leagues a spot is keeping another deserving team at home. Play-offs should be about the 24 best teams.

--- End quote ---

There was 10 auto bids. 6 of the 6 that played Saturday lost!!

Austin Peay - ASUN-WAC (UAC)
Gardner Web - Big South-OVC
Duquesne - NEC
Lafayette - Patriot
Drake - Pioneer
Nichols - Southland

4 other auto bids are seeded

16 teams left all from 4 conferences. MVFC, SoCon, Big Sky, and CAA.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on November 26, 2023, 06:01:58 PM ---I was at the 1997 game. Many from the valley traveled to the game and stayed at a hotel owned by Ron Jaworski. At that point we had more fans than ever so a large group traveled. Their field at the time was at the level of a typical lower tier high school stadium. Not sure if they play at the same place or not. We were behind big and I think got a blocked punt and Harry Deligeonus (sp) wrecked havoc on their qb from the Dline position at the end of the game. He was unlockable.  Great win. The trip home that night was terrible with a snowstorm making driving a challenge, but we were all happy!  Hope we can repeat this Saturday.

--- End quote ---

Small group of us are going. If I can make it from Louisville KY, the drive from Y-town is half as far!!

peteonastick:
We have a contingent heading out to Villanova. Been going to the YSU web page but no info on anything about the trip, tickets, team hotel, tailgating, etc…. Anyone hear anything!?!?

Go Guins!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 27, 2023, 11:03:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 26, 2023, 08:02:04 PM ---Not worthy of it's own thread but yesterday proved why auto-bids are a major joke.

Drake wins the Pioneer and loses to a third place team from another league 66-3.

Duquesne wins the NEC and gets bounced by a team that was the fifth or sixth team to get in from another league 40-7.

I am not bashing these teams or leagues, I'm sure that they look forward to the chance to play, but that just is not reality. Giving these leagues a spot is keeping another deserving team at home. Play-offs should be about the 24 best teams.

--- End quote ---

There was 10 auto bids. 6 of the 6 that played Saturday lost!!

Austin Peay - ASUN-WAC (UAC)
Gardner Web - Big South-OVC
Duquesne - NEC
Lafayette - Patriot
Drake - Pioneer
Nichols - Southland

4 other auto bids are seeded

16 teams left all from 4 conferences. MVFC, SoCon, Big Sky, and CAA.

--- End quote ---

Incarnate Word is Southland. They are very good. Lafayette played very well lost on the last  few seconds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version