YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm

<< < (3/23) > >>

dwj:
Our O line seems to have problems against a 3 man front

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 26, 2023, 06:45:48 PM ---Our O line seems to have problems against a 3 man front

--- End quote ---

Wrong. SIU period

guinpen:
Not worthy of it's own thread but yesterday proved why auto-bids are a major joke.

Drake wins the Pioneer and loses to a third place team from another league 66-3.

Duquesne wins the NEC and gets bounced by a team that was the fifth or sixth team to get in from another league 40-7.

I am not bashing these teams or leagues, I'm sure that they look forward to the chance to play, but that just is not reality. Giving these leagues a spot is keeping another deserving team at home. Play-offs should be about the 24 best teams.

YsuPride:
Auto bids are a joke with the smaller conferences that cannot compete with the MVCA or CAA or even Big Sky but if the shoe was on our foot and we were in a smaller conference we would be b****ing if we didn't get the auto bid though.  Makes sense to get everyone who had a shot at a qualifying conference into the playoffs even if they get beat bad 1st round.   

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on November 25, 2023, 08:21:22 PM ---Got the win today, now on to Villanova! Should be a tougher test than Duquesne and Villanova will be the favorite as the seeded team. But I like the fight in these penguins!

Let's go for the upset!

--- End quote ---

Nova 4-point favorite as of now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version