YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm

<< < (18/19) > >>

DLHotch:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 27, 2023, 02:37:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 27, 2023, 01:20:30 PM ---Strollo bid 20k seats. I bet it is about half the selling price, so that would be about $10 x 20k or $200,000 we paid the NCAA to host. Does not matter how many people actually show, we still owe. I doubt we have ever recovered our payout, even in the 90's. Believe me, He bought us into the post-season. I have to respect that.

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 27, 2023, 12:34:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 27, 2023, 10:50:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 26, 2023, 03:48:11 PM ---It honestly felt like more than 3800 were in the stands. I was going to guess closer to 5k.

Anyway don't get too down on the attendance figures Thanksgiving weekend is just a bad weekend for small college football. I've been going to Mount Union playoff games for years, and thanksgiving weekend is Always sparsely attended compared to the rest of their games.

It's a combination of travel plans, students not being on campus etc.

--- End quote ---

Didn't look like 3800 on the tube..

--- End quote ---

I thought that 3800 was low! Thought that it was better to report a low number to save some bucks.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Since we have won like 17 straight home play-off games, I would say money well spent. Kudos to the AD.

--- End quote ---

The Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies during Tressel's tenure as Executive Director of Intercollegiate Athletics was his administrative boss. When it came to the financial reporting of the athletic department the football program under Tressel was fiscally self-sustaining, which she told me was much to her surprise at the time.

Go Guins!

Wick250:
Perhaps the bidding in the 90s was the Wild West, but the NCAA now posts the bid that a school must offer to host a FCS playoff game in each round. For the opening round, the bid was just 40K. We covered that easily.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 27, 2023, 01:20:30 PM ---Strollo bid 20k seats. I bet it is about half the selling price, so that would be about $10 x 20k or $200,000 we paid the NCAA to host. Does not matter how many people actually show, we still owe. I doubt we have ever recovered our payout, even in the 90's. Believe me, He bought us into the post-season. I have to respect that.

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 26, 2023, 03:48:11 PM ---It honestly felt like more than 3800 were in the stands. I was going to guess closer to 5k.

Anyway don't get too down on the attendance figures Thanksgiving weekend is just a bad weekend for small college football. I've been going to Mount Union playoff games for years, and thanksgiving weekend is Always sparsely attended compared to the rest of their games.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I thought that 3800 was low! Thought that it was better to report a low number to save some bucks.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Errr. Why would he bid 20k seats? Rooney Field (Duquesne's home field) only seats 2200. Couldn't he have just  bid above whatever their max capacity was? Where else would the NCAA hold a game other than our place or at Duquesne?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 27, 2023, 06:49:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Errr. Why would he bid 20k seats? Rooney Field (Duquesne's home field) only seats 2200. Couldn't he have just  bid above whatever their max capacity was? Where else would the NCAA hold a game other than our place or at Duquesne?

--- End quote ---

What if.....and it's just a what if......the higher bid helps you get in in future years if on the bubble?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 27, 2023, 06:49:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Logic tells me that there is more to the story, if it was as simple as outbidding 2200 seats my grandkids could have figured it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version