YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm

<< < (8/19) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on November 22, 2023, 12:08:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 22, 2023, 09:33:00 AM ---This is a different Duquesne team than in the past. I think they are full scholarship now.

--- End quote ---

They are in fact still partial scholarship FCS. NEC as a conference still only allows 45 scholarships per team. In order for that to change the entire NEC conference has to change. That was why Bryant and Robert Morris left for the Big South a couple years ago. They wanted to invest into full fcs scholarship football (63 total full time equivalent scholarships)

--- End quote ---

thanks...good info YO. I thought they were 3 years at 45, then jump to 63.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 22, 2023, 12:15:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on November 22, 2023, 12:08:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 22, 2023, 09:33:00 AM ---This is a different Duquesne team than in the past. I think they are full scholarship now.

--- End quote ---

They are in fact still partial scholarship FCS. NEC as a conference still only allows 45 scholarships per team. In order for that to change the entire NEC conference has to change. That was why Bryant and Robert Morris left for the Big South a couple years ago. They wanted to invest into full fcs scholarship football (63 total full time equivalent scholarships)

--- End quote ---

thanks...good info YO. I thought they were 3 years at 45, then jump to 63.

--- End quote ---

We are going to pound them.

The YO Show:
No problem IAA! Sidenote, I would love for the NEC to go up to 63 full scholarship equivalent.

What you are probably remembering is when the NEC recently went from 30 scholarship limit for football to the 45 they are today.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/11205255-what-type-of-scholarships-do-division-ii-iii-and-fcs-football-players-get

The YO Show:
The NEC does play some good football. The dukes actually knocked Towson out round 1 last time they made playoffs.

That being said, we should win handily. This team won't overlook them, they can't overlook them.

ysuseasonticket:
Picked up my tickets yesterday morning, in and out in under 8 minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version