YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm

<< < (4/19) > >>

DLHotch:
I came out of hibernation and easily got a ticket online through the YSU website so that's my suggestion over the phone/office methods.

Go Guins!

guinpen:
First play-off game in 7 years and so so quiet on this board!

InTheYo:
When we had our Space the other night (Listen), two things jumped out at me when looking at Duquesne that should work in our favor:

1. Their QB appears to lead the FCS with 18 interceptions (1.63 int's per game)
2. Their QB is completing just 51% of his passes

Obviously the weakest part of our team is pass defense. Knowing this QB has not been very accurate this year, if I am the DC I would bring pressure early and often to try to rattle their QB. If we can force him out of a rhythm early, I'd like to think we will be in good shape come the middle of the third quarter.

Go YSU!

Wick250:

--- Quote from: InTheYo on November 21, 2023, 01:27:08 PM ---When we had our Space the other night (Listen), two things jumped out at me when looking at Duquesne that should work in our favor:

Obviously the weakest part of our team is pass defense. Knowing this QB has not been very accurate this year, if I am the DC I would bring pressure early and often to try to rattle their QB. If we can force him out of a rhythm early, I'd like to think we will be in good shape come the middle of the third quarter.

Go YSU!

--- End quote ---

I just looked at the Duquesne athletic website and learned that this quarterback is still in the mix for the Walter Payton Award. I'm serious, I can't make this stuff up. Also, their coach is a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award. I guess 7-4 and winning the NEC is a great accomplishment in the wacky world of FCS football.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 21, 2023, 02:15:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: InTheYo on November 21, 2023, 01:27:08 PM ---When we had our Space the other night (Listen), two things jumped out at me when looking at Duquesne that should work in our favor:

Go YSU!

--- End quote ---

I just looked at the Duquesne athletic website and learned that this quarterback is still in the mix for the Walter Payton Award. I'm serious, I can't make this stuff up. Also, their coach is a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award. I guess 7-4 and winning the NEC is a great accomplishment in the wacky world of FCS football.

--- End quote ---

They are similar to a mediocre to bad MVFC team. Massey Ratings, which I've found to be a pretty reasonable in terms of computer rankings has them at 65, which would put them at #10 in the MVFV

for comparison YSU is #13, Illinois State is #25, Murray State is #71

I don't think this will be a cake walk, but anything less than a W will be a huge underperformance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version