YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Mens basketball vs OHIO Chrisitain

<< < (2/4) > >>

Cimo7:
Agree with assessments above. What stands out most to be is who is our go-to guy? Cohill took over a lot of games last year and honestly won single handedly. Don’t know if we have that guy this year. Rush is not it. He’s a streaky shooter that can light up the scoreboard but he’s not going to iso anyone on the last possession of a game to get you the W. There are a lot of teams that win conference championships playing as a complete unit with 7-8 guys averaging similar PPG but it’s nice having that 1 stud who you can always count on.

mudclods:
I agree as always with everything that has been said.

Other than just another game to gel and having Rush see the ball go through the hoop again, I'm not sure how much was gained from last night's performance.  I know coach said there wasn't a lot of video on them and they don't play many teams that play the way they did- basically shoot 3's, but I really expected a more dominating performance against a NAIA school. 

What concerned me the most was the disjointed flow of the offense.  I expected even more dominance in the paint against a team that lacked that much height and weight, and there were several bad passes in the paint.  I also thought several times they outhustled YSU for loose balls.  Thought it was odd that #20 on OC didn't play hardly at all in the 2nd half after going off in the first half.  He looked like he could be nearly 30 years old!

I like what I've seen from Langdon, but we'll see against better opponents.  Hopefully his size disadvantage isn't a repeat of what Shemar struggled with.

Coach Calhoun said Burns reminds him a lot like Naz and how he can bring the ball up the court.  Lovelace seems like he's been out of control several times this year when he has the ball.  I know he plays at a fast pace, but it's been erratic.  Need more production from him.

Not sure what to think of Brett Thompson.  He's from Oakland, CA and looks like he fits that and is hard nosed player.

Dynes has played better than I expected

YsuPride:
Everyone has valid points about the men's basketball team. We need to keep improving though. Bigger game than I thought this coming friday so everyone better show up.

YsuPride:
Is lake erie playing utah tech on friday?  Thought that was the original plan.

YsuPride:
Meant to say saturday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version