YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Murray State Game Week

(1/5) > >>

ysu1982:
Against Murray State YSU should play Brungard at QB. We need to find out if he is the QB for next year or do we have to go the transfer portal. I know one game will not answer the question, but it is a start. I know it is unfair to Davidson and the other seniors might not like it, but it should be done. Thoughts?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysu1982 on November 12, 2023, 08:35:59 AM ---Against Murray State YSU should play Brungard at QB. We need to find out if he is the QB for next year or do we have to go the transfer portal. I know one game will not answer the question, but it is a start. I know it is unfair to Davidson and the other seniors might not like it, but it should be done. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Good question. (If you do not mind I am going to use it to start the MSU game week thread). No, Brungard is not the man. We need to be looking to play further down the roster unless our guys have used the allowable playing time. Other than that we need to use Davidson. This is his team and a little respect and gratitude goes a long way with the younger players. Brungard has and will continue to contribute to this team.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysu1982 on November 12, 2023, 08:35:59 AM ---Against Murray State YSU should play Brungard at QB. We need to find out if he is the QB for next year or do we have to go the transfer portal. I know one game will not answer the question, but it is a start. I know it is unfair to Davidson and the other seniors might not like it, but it should be done. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
If all the coaching staff wants to do is to ask him to run the ball every time he gets on the field, there is all I need to know. Apparently, they must have decided that he is not going to our next guy. Just my 2 cents worth.

We need to a transfer QB via the portal, whether Philips wants or not. It’s a necessity. Think about it, what would our running game be like last couple of years  if we haven’t gotten McLauglin to transfer in. Do we really believe #1 could have done it?

The YO Show:
Ironically, despite my initial reaction, the penguins are still in playoff contention with a win based on a lot of the games needed to go our way going our way yesterday. It is a highly likely situation that ysu is in with a win on Saturday... so I would play Mitch. He has the best odds of delivering the win for the playoff push

IAA Fan:
Yes ET. What do you think about #10? What has happened to him the last few games? Maybe a hidden injury? Or has #1 improved that much?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version