YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2023 Football: Constructive Criticism and Compliments

<< < (3/6) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: goodnews on November 13, 2023, 03:41:27 PM ---The sagarin rankings of YSU victories this year.
256 Valpo
241 Robert Morris
194 Indiana State
138 Illinois State
160 Missouri State
102 Southern Illinois
200 Murray State (TBD Saturday)
119 YSU (Ranking)

These rankings were prior to last weeks games.  The FCS is so weak these days that I guess it's possible that they could be considered?

--- End quote ---

I like sagarin as it is very realistic, but for any ranking purpose, it is worthless. Use the coaches poll.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 13, 2023, 04:19:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodnews on November 13, 2023, 03:41:27 PM ---The sagarin rankings of YSU victories this year.
256 Valpo
241 Robert Morris
194 Indiana State
138 Illinois State
160 Missouri State
102 Southern Illinois
200 Murray State (TBD Saturday)
119 YSU (Ranking)

These rankings were prior to last weeks games.  The FCS is so weak these days that I guess it's possible that they could be considered?

--- End quote ---

I like sagarin as it is very realistic, but for any ranking purpose, it is worthless. Use the coaches poll.

--- End quote ---

Coaches loll is trash today.  It's not the same as it used to be.

YsuPride:
I agree with DMorton on his synopsis of it doesn't matter if we win at Murry State,   I feel like we are ready to be upset.

penguinpower:
If we win next week at Murray State we are likely in the playoffs based on how the schedule will likely play out.  If we get in, we will do damage.  We will probably win the first 2 games.  That would mean we would finish in the top 8. 

If and when this does happen, I don't want to hear anymore bullsh** about the team and coach.  He's building a great program here.  Hes got to work with his coordinators and coaches.  They need development and that takes time.

Direct your anger at the AD for keeping Heacock who couldn't recruit but could coach.  For the record, dynasties are usually once in a lifetime events.  That's just reality

guinpen:
I think that we are moving in the right direction with the program, not where we want to be yet but making progress. A few years ago, we would have been very happy with the year we have had so far.

A loss to that school down south, the top team in our division and two close losses on the road to a couple of good teams. Not bad!

Coaching staff still has some room to improve, a couple of games where I do not think that the team was ready to play at kick-off.

What amazes me is the negativity with some our fans. Will we make the play-offs, who knows. Past history is not on our side, but hope is better than despair.

Been going to games since the Polish Rifle, will be there next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version