YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Hosts #1 South Dakota State

<< < (4/15) > >>

IAA Fan:
If you look at the top-6 team in the MVFC: YSU has either lost or not played all of them. This is why SDSU is a MUST Win for us. I know it is hard to see a team we have defeated ranked well above us (in SIU), but we are no longer an established power. We are Michigan prior to 3-years ago. We should also think about this when it comes to scheduling.  Here are the current rankings by the coaches, which is pretty much the way things will be for play-off selection:

SDSU:  1
SD:      6
UND:   12
NDSU: 14
SIU:     15
UNI:    20
YSU:    26

Teams in Bold are the teams we have faced ranked in the top-24 (the number of teams in the post-season). All 3 are losses. The lone remaining team (we have yet to face) in the top-24 is SDSU. So, now the team knows what they have to do, show up and win a game. The fans know what they have to do, show up and support your team. So let's do it!!!

InTheYo:
Last night on our weekly We Are Youngstown Twitter Space Listen Here we had an SDSU fan on to talk about their squad. I knew they had a stout defense, but boy they are loaded with depth across the board on that side of the ball. We will need to find a way to get our rushing attack going and hope Mitch can do what he has done so well this year... take what the defense gives him. Hope we get a nice contingent of YSU fans out there for this one!

Go YSU!

Double ET:
I hope we will play an error free game tomorrow.
We might very well be the only NCAA football team this year who has played or will play both #1 ranked teams in FCS and FBS.
Go penguins.

DLHotch:
First game for me in person since before covid and with our two MVFC losses by a combined 6 points I'm feeling hopeful that we'll make a good showing today. I'll have my red on...GO GUINS!!!

The YO Show:
Let's goooooooo guins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version