YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Illinois State Week

<< < (3/13) > >>

Double ET:
From today’s Tribune/Vindy

https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2023/10/ysus-margin-for-error-shrinking-as-penguins-welcome-illinois-state/

Cimo7:
ISU will not be an easy game. I am wondering what the line is for this. Maybe us by 2.5 or 3?
Still have hope for a playoff spot but as the article said, we have little margin of error.

guinpen:
If we play as we can the whole game we will be fine

peteonastick:
Have to put a whole game together. Sadly, even when we played SIU we struggled enough on offense that they went for it 2 times inside their 30 because they knew they could stop us offensively. ISUr has the best scoring defense in conference and averages over 400 yards on offense averaging over 35 points on offense. This is no cakewalk. Won’t be able to make this game but will be watching from out of state. Lose this and say goodbye to the playoffs for another year.

Go Guins

Double ET:
I am actually more optimistic about the making the post season even with a 7-4 (losing one more game to South Dakota State.
I know we didn’t make it last year at 7-4.
However, if the four loses are, Ohio State (#3 FBS), South Dakota (#2 at the time), South Dakota (#1) and Nothern Iowa (#10 at the time), coupling with a 31-3 win over then #5 rank Southern Illinois, IMO, I think even the biased selection committee is going have trouble not picking YSU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version