YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota Week

<< < (16/21) > >>

YSUGO:
Penguin power you are 100 % wrong,  Calhoun has. Brought total excitement  to the basketball program.  They were filling up the bleachers and there was a buzz for the team,  We are winning  plus he plays COACHES  AN exciting style of play.

The fans back a winner in Youngstown it doesn’t matter what the sport.  Even the junior hockey team sold out during the playoffs and the won the championship.

I feel it seems the football program  generates  very little interest  even I have lost interest.  How long are we going to live off the  90’s .    It’s time to clean house get new blood from the athletic  dept, the marketing  dept, and even clean up the sidelines on the hangers ion from that area  Penguin club.   Other than the Tressel era and a  run in the 70.$. Football has been mediocre.

dwj:
Under the current leadership we are a 7-4 team at best if we remain in the mvfc and continue to schedule 2 ooc patsies.  This will not get us into the playoffs.  Davidson looked like a walk on yesterday locking on to his intended receivers and making poor decisions.  SDU dbs are as bad as ours and a good qb with a sold line would lite them up.  Also 56 needs benched too many mental mistakes for penalties.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 15, 2023, 09:50:04 AM ---Penguin power you are 100 % wrong,  Calhoun has. Brought total excitement  to the basketball program.  They were filling up the bleachers and there was a buzz for the team,  We are winning  plus he plays COACHES  AN exciting style of play.

The fans back a winner in Youngstown it doesn’t matter what the sport.  Even the junior hockey team sold out during the playoffs and the won the championship.

I feel it seems the football program  generates  very little interest  even I have lost interest.  How long are we going to live off the  90’s .    It’s time to clean house get new blood from the athletic  dept, the marketing  dept, and even clean up the sidelines on the hangers ion from that area  Penguin club.   Other than the Tressel era and a  run in the 70.$. Football has been mediocre.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes I like to post controversial topics to get some excitement on this board. 

YsuPride:
Thanks ysu go for saying it like we all feel.   Your posts are true and make sense.  Whatever the sport GO GUINS!!!!

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 09, 2023, 10:47:31 PM ---I’m not 100% sure what got into our defense against SIU but we need more of that style of defense week in and week out. That was a complete game by the defense. We can’t go into this dome and put up 35 points and lose. Going to come down to turnovers, penalties and special teams like it usually does on the road in the MVFC.

Go Guins!

--- End quote ---

Hate to say I told you so. Turnovers, penalties and special teams cost us this game. Always does on the road in MVFC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version