YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota Week

<< < (14/21) > >>

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 14, 2023, 06:52:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 14, 2023, 06:22:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: GoGuins on October 14, 2023, 05:26:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dmorton on October 14, 2023, 05:24:39 PM ---There goes the playoffs!

--- End quote ---

Fire Strollo Fire Phillips

--- End quote ---

No need to mention strolllo here. This one is all on Tressel. Do you want to bring him back and then fire him? Lol.

--- End quote ---

You can blame Strollo for running the program into the ground. Phillips is doing a fine job considering the starting point. Because the program now doesn't have the money to pay for the best, you have to endure a learning curve.  Deal with it.  He will be a great long term coach that brings stability to our football program. 

Unfortunately we play in a conference that's just completely brutal and is so good it actually downgrades the rest of the B1G because the MVFC steals those players.

We are far more improved, but we are missing that explosive player on both sides of the ball.  Need to upgrade the DL and the secondary coaching

--- End quote ---

You hit it in the nose I said beginning of the year we don’t have a legit homerun hitter on offense.  We have a few good ones  but we don’t have  that special sauce player. 

But the game management hurt us tonight.  Coaching wasn’t used those last few minutes.  We had timeouts use them Coach dammit. 

I said all along as long as we are in this conference we will struggle to be in the top 3.
I stand by what I say
Nothing makes me puke more than hearing well we play in the toughest league, blah blah blah.

There’s no flag or trophy  for finishing  4th or 5th every year. 

The fans are tired of it and honestly a lot of the diehards are as well.
We keep making excuses for Phillips but what’s scary here is.
He hasnt recruited 1 good offensive skill player since he’s been here!  He had a couple of. Good transfers and a steal with the Rb we had last year. 
King is ok 
But his HS recruits at the rb and QB?
Defensively we have transfer LB that’s decent and 1 Lineman
We still have too many penalties.  Nothing really has changed much
Like someone said. 6-5. Or 7-4 that’s what is.
We still dont have any identity either. 

YsuPride:
Cannot believe we lost after a tremendous comeback   
Simply disgusting.

Dmorton:
Well! Start looking forward to basketball!  There is no way we recover from this one, and make the playoffs unless the committee takes practically the whole MVC, and we know they will only take the top three, maybe four if lucky!

penguinpower:
If we win our and beat SDSU we will probably get in.  Power in the conference is shifting.

YsuPride:
Mens basketball has the potential to be better than last year...  I have attended 3 or 4 practices and they look super athletic. Possibly can win the league.  Trust me on this we are deeper and have a strong transfer class.  We have lots of size and experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version