YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota Week

<< < (13/21) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on October 14, 2023, 05:39:10 PM ---Offensive line had too many mental mistakes the last series that shouldn't happen for an experience unit.   SD qb not mobile but no blitz unlike last week.

Coach seemed to play not to lose at the end instead of letting it rip.

--- End quote ---
I am absolutely agree with you that we play for not to lose in the last drive.
When the commentators said that YSU is going back to the game plan…..I knew we were doomed.
Why committing the PI and stop the clock. Tackle the guy after he caught the ball. You need the clock to run…
It took total screw ups at the end of game to give one away…. We ran the damn ball and was throwing the 50+ yards pass.
Move the ball down field and kick the field goal to win the game.
I just don’t understand the play calling at the end of the game……..

penguinpower:
Can't win with 10 penalties for 75 yards.  Most came at critical times.  We get no pressure on opposing QB's.  It puts tremendous pressure in the secondary to perform. Their QB was accurate too

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on October 14, 2023, 05:26:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dmorton on October 14, 2023, 05:24:39 PM ---There goes the playoffs!

--- End quote ---

Fire Strollo Fire Phillips

--- End quote ---

No need to mention strolllo here. This one is all on Tressel. Do you want to bring him back and then fire him? Lol.

YSUGO:
Agree with  a few other posters.  Poor game management on our last drive.  Plus that false start by the senior tackle was a killer as well.

What made it even worse was we played in prevent it looks like we rushed 3 guys on the last 2 plays I think on  interference call we did. Plus i knew they were going back to the same area to set up for fg.  Poor coaching there and i almost forgot didn’t we go for it at mid field in the first qtr and we lost field position if we punted and u think  that played in their first score For SD.

This is 2 games we blew now on the road.  We need to win out now or stick a fork in it for any chance of the olayoffs.   The better coach win today.  Their coach won 2 D2 championships and it showed today.  Ours coached like he was still coaching the Salem Quakers

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 14, 2023, 06:22:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: GoGuins on October 14, 2023, 05:26:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dmorton on October 14, 2023, 05:24:39 PM ---There goes the playoffs!

--- End quote ---

Fire Strollo Fire Phillips

--- End quote ---

No need to mention strolllo here. This one is all on Tressel. Do you want to bring him back and then fire him? Lol.

--- End quote ---

You can blame Strollo for running the program into the ground. Phillips is doing a fine job considering the starting point. Because the program now doesn't have the money to pay for the best, you have to endure a learning curve.  Deal with it.  He will be a great long term coach that brings stability to our football program. 

Unfortunately we play in a conference that's just completely brutal and is so good it actually downgrades the rest of the B1G because the MVFC steals those players.

We are far more improved, but we are missing that explosive player on both sides of the ball.  Need to upgrade the DL and the secondary coaching

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version