YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Coach Barnes

<< < (2/3) > >>

YsuPride:
I don't know why someone would resign a job someone has been at for 10 years for no reason unless something else we don't have any info on.  Funny how it has been kept secret so long.  Good luck in the coaches search.  I don't believe the acting head coach will get the job though.    National search???

YsuPride:
For the record I liked Barnes as head coach and wish him luck in the future.

Wick250:
This did not surprise me since Barnes had been on a leave of absence since early October. The reason for that has been cloaked in a level of secrecy that would rival the Manhattan Project.

YSU women's basketball is a very good mid-major job. It features competitive pay, strong administrative support, an excellent fan base by mid-major standards, and now a renovated gym on the horizon. Also the level of high school talent for girls in a radius of 100 miles is solid.

But the new coach will face a massive rebuilding project after the collapse this season. I expect at least three freshmen will have to start next year, and it will be three years before we can place a competitive team back on the court in the Horizon League.

This will be Strollo's fifth hire for women's basketball. His first two choices were absolutely pathetic (Hill and Martin.) His last two were very good (Boldon and Barnes.) Let's hope that he can keep his winning streak intact.

mudclods:
Obviously will never know what happened if it was a personal matter. 

Double ET:

But the new coach will face a massive rebuilding project after the collapse this season. I expect at least three freshmen will have to start next year, and it will be three years before we can place a competitive team back on the court in the Horizon

[/quote]
Instead of possibly starting 3 Freshmen, the new coach could follow the game plan of Calhoun by hitting the transfer portal to bring in some experienced players.

If you look at the roster of MBB after the 2021-2022, I didn’t think we would win more than 8 games. But when Calhoun brought in those guys via the transfer portal, we won the league championship.

So, we need to make the right hire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version