YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU Week

<< < (10/13) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 08, 2023, 07:41:42 PM ---Still have to finish the season with a playoff selection and we are so close to being good.   He needs to clean house of the D Coordinator and possibly the O Coordinator if we don't make the playoffs .  We don't even play NDSU this year so we have a chance.   Go Guins!!!!

--- End quote ---

SDSU>NDSU this year.  We will see how we do against SDSU.  He's still building the program.  We've gotten better every year. He started with nothing, because Pelini left him with NOTHING.

YsuPride:
I don't disagree but he would have had 5 years to turn it around and what do we have to show for it. 0 playoffs.   He must use the portal more Iike the men's basketball team has.   Cannot disagree with that.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 08, 2023, 09:17:45 PM ---I don't disagree but he would have had 5 years to turn it around and what do we have to show for it. 0 playoffs.   He must use the portal more Iike the men's basketball team has.   Cannot disagree with that.

--- End quote ---

He's implementing a developmental program.  Most of the kids aren't ready out of highschool but they have potential.  We play in the most difficult conference.  I happen to agree with his approach.  Like novacaine, it takes time but always works.

I think it would be helpful to get 1 or 2 more players on each side of the ball.  Like one more excellent offensive lineman and one more skill player on offense.  If we had 4 more game changers we would win a title.  Right now we are far more improved and we are playing better.  We are a top 15 if not a top 10 FCS team at this point.  Forget the pundits, they know nothing.  What matters most is the trend, and we are trending up with major shifts within the conference too.   

We are built to go far in the playoffs, but we don't control the politics there.  Considering that we've never made it unless we finish in the top 2 of the conference going back 20 years, including being left out in year with 8 wins, we have to be better than everyone else.  In 2016 we were the last ones in, had to go in the road and beat everyone in our way to the championship.  The bias is real and it's another challenge we have to deal with that other media darlings don't have to deal with, but it makes us better and ensures that our playoff record is outstanding.  That's the side benefit of higher standardsnset for YSU. 

And our conference commissioner is weak and doesn't help us, although she gives us lip service that she does. 

It is what it is. We have the proof to show everyone.  How did Delaware make it last year losing their last 3-4 games while we won ours?  How do we not make it when we had an FBS win and a 7 win record? That sh** has happened for years. 

Time to accept a higher bar.  If we get in this year we will do damage.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 07, 2023, 10:21:09 PM ---Awesome performance by the defense and offense.  Missed fg and we would have performed in all phases of rhe game.  We should be ranked in top 20 now. Cannot believe that they were ranked 5th.

--- End quote ---
I think they got a piece of that FG. It was right at an angle that I could not see it. Did anyone else see?

UNI is not a tough program. Go on ESPN+ and watch the replay. I cannot believe they beat ISU Blue and that is the second-worst team in the conference.

I too still believe that Phillips needs to go after this year without anything substantial. This SIU game is not enough. That UNI loss was really hard to take. I really thought that would set the tone. Same at coach Day in Columbus. If you do not beat Michigan in 3 years ...take a hike. I know this is Phillips first year against UNI, but this game had so much riding on it. Phillips has changed things from coach P, but the results are not there. I do like his RBs, I like his QB and so many other players, but I am not sure that Phillips planned for just how good Davidson and some of these other players turned out to be.. I mean he could not stop talking about Dre's size & it turned out to be nothing. Rushton's catching skills are where he is at as a Penguin.

Also look at how long SIU kept our offense from scoring up until very late in the game.

Also I think I deleted a post just before this one. Sorry it was a mistake, I thought I was deleting my post.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 09, 2023, 12:22:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 07, 2023, 10:21:09 PM ---Awesome performance by the defense and offense.  Missed fg and we would have performed in all phases of rhe game.  We should be ranked in top 20 now. Cannot believe that they were ranked 5th.

--- End quote ---
I think they got a piece of that FG. It was right at an angle that I could not see it. Did anyone else see?

UNI is not a tough program. Go on ESPN+ and watch the replay. I cannot believe they beat ISU Blue and that is the second-worst team in the conference.

I too still believe that Phillips needs to go after this year without anything substantial. This SIU game is not enough. That UNI loss was really hard to take. I really thought that would set the tone. Same at coach Day in Columbus. If you do not beat Michigan in 3 years ...take a hike. I know this is Phillips first year against UNI, but this game had so much riding on it.

Also look at how long SIU kept our offense from scoring up until very late in the game.

Also I think I deleted a post just before this one. Sorry it was a mistake, I thought I was deleting my post.

--- End quote ---

Wonder what happened to  my post!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version