YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU Week

<< < (9/13) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 03, 2023, 07:52:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 03, 2023, 04:23:15 PM ---Nothing is coming out of his press conferences. This week's is almost a joke. We should have done a serious number on UNI. Instead he tells us that not only was our run coverage terrible, so was our pass coverage. As if w needed to be told. We should be a much better team than Weber State. Weber may make the post season, but it is long-shot. This opportunity to win (and win big) against UNI will not present itself again until Farley retires.. We have 3 more losses on our schedule, even if we do show up and play. Hint, this Saturday is not one of them. That is one loss too many for any kind of post-season. UNI will not make the post-season either. I really am asking for Phillips to "turn in his badge". With the portal there is no hope for this team. I know it sounds drastic, but we have no choice.

--- End quote ---

I couldn't disagree more.

--- End quote ---
Penguinepower. I agree with you 100%   Weplay3d a bunch of man on man last night with great success. BLITZ AND GO MAN way to play

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 04, 2023, 09:08:09 AM ---SIU=L
South Dakota=L
SDSU=L
MSU=?
INS=W
ILS=W
Murray=W

I actually think we will win this weekend. Still holding out hope we have some sort of a team here. The portal has really helped USD and UND compete with the xDSU's.

--- End quote ---
Portal helping us too. King Oliver and others a portal hole fillers. King may not be a McMlguan (who scored again today) but is darn good.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 04, 2023, 03:54:46 PM ---So if we go and have a losing record this year I believe Phillips will be or should be let go.  There are plenty of hungry coaches out there that are looking for a good job.
Plenty of coaches.

--- End quote ---
Your statement might have made some sense maybe 30 years ago but you don't have a good job to offer. Some college Coordinator jobs are over a million you offer marginal recent history and a couple hundred thousand in a crap town to bring a family.   We're lucky to get a class guy like coach Phlipps.

penguinpower:
Dominating performance last night.  While SIU was overrated, we still played exceptionally well. More importantly we did it with less penalties.

They showed their capability. Now we need consistency from both coaches and players.  We are a legitimate contender if we play like we did last night every single game.

Let's see what team shows up next week.  Hopefully something good has happened in a permanent kind of way.

YsuPride:
Still have to finish the season with a playoff selection and we are so close to being good.   He needs to clean house of the D Coordinator and possibly the O Coordinator if we don't make the playoffs .  We don't even play NDSU this year so we have a chance.   Go Guins!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version