YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU Week

<< < (5/13) > >>

Penquin68:
The UNI game was disappointing, and we could have won with better play calling and better play overall. But I felt their O and D lines were better than our D and O lines. And that gives them a big edge. And with time their QB made though throws and deep throws which happened too often with our pressure or lack thereof. We needed to get some wide runs with number 10 which did not happen enough.  Seems like we tried to get wide with short passes to the wide outs which were ok, but no big plays resulted. I feel 10 is our best back and not used enough. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Just watched some of the SIU vs Missouri State game. Seems like we match up better against SIU than NIU. Not as big and strong I think. Their QB throws well, but he is not as big or with as strong an arm as the UNI QB. Again if he gets time, we are in trouble. Hopefully we have number 1 back on D to help the pass coverage.

I think we have a good chance to win on Saturday. But I am just a fan who wants us to do well. I hope our coaching staff learns from these past games and does a good job.

goodnews:
YSU has had success against 2 competitive MVFC opponents and SIU is one of them.  The 2nd program is Illinois State.  With that being said with the exception of the Dakota schools the head coach at YSU should win this home game in year 4.  Period end of story.

YsuPride:
Lack of chatter today on game day.  Go Guins

Double ET:
As I posted before, keep giving the ball to #10.

ucfpengbuck:
Defense killing it. Offense leaving points off the scoreboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version