YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU Week

<< < (4/13) > >>

Dmorton:
So, I assume you are predicting 5-6! 

Wick250:
I have little confidence after that pathetic showing last Saturday. But it is time to put things into perspective. Let's look at Southern Illinois' schedule. In their OOC games, they crushed Austin Peay from that United Conference at home, and they barely eked out a one point win on the road against SE Missouri from the OVC. They also have a three point road win against Northern Illinois, one of the MAC bottom feeders.  Southern Illinois then opened league play with a solid home win over Missouri State.

So we have wins against two joke teams at home, a loss to the monster at Columbus, and the travesty at UNI (who is much better than Missouri State.) I really wonder if the results of these eight games suggest a vast difference between SIU and YSU. Switch the schedules and we might be the team that is 4-0. Of course SIU plays defense and we don't.

The YO Show:
For anyone interested, this is a link to the YSU twitter space discussing the SIU game and recapping the UNI game for anyone interested...

https://x.com/WeAreYoungstown/status/1710084381497307421?s=20

The YO Show:
I am trying to be optimistic, I think YSU can win this weekend. There is a size difference between these teams, but now we need to actually run the ball alot and play some smash mouth football.

IAA Fan:
Just so we do not forget, this game is now a "Must Win" for YSU. UNI is not a good football team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version