YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Mo week

<< < (6/6)

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 18, 2023, 11:43:37 AM ---I was unable to attend the game so I just watched the entire thing on ESPN+. I will tell you this? I see some potential as well. However, we do not adjust well on defense & we do not seem to learn from our mistakes either. As DWJ noted already ... In the secondary it is as though our cover never has any idea where the ball is. Never turn their heads even. Same thing last year. I do like that QB for RMU. As good as most anyone in the MVFC. They only had one good WR, why could we not cover him?

--- End quote ---
I agree with you on the corner backs for not turning their heads to look for the ball. A few years ago, #7 was a classic in doing that for almost every play. You could even hear the sideline yielding “turn your head”.

In the RMU game, the long pass to the sideline was a prime example. The receiver was at the right sideline at the 5 yard line as the ball was coming in. The cornerback had to know the ball was in the air since the receiver was running out of real estate. Yet, he never turned around or even tried to raise his hand to distract the pass.
If we could not pressure the opposing QB, we probably would give up a lot of completions in league plays. We had better score lots of points on the offense in order to win the games.
Give the ball to #10 as many times as possible on the running plays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version