YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU poor handicap parking

<< < (2/6) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 06, 2023, 10:15:24 AM ---When did they stop the shuttle?

Since they took down the deck I would have thought that the Wick deck would be used more, hence more of a need for the shuttle.

--- End quote ---
I believe it was 2020. They shut down the Wick deck shuttle and moved it to Handicap lot on 5 th Ave & Wood street. In order to catch the shuttle, one had to walk to that lot. I just parked at Wick deck and walked to the stadium. I could not park at the handicap lot since they required a handicap parking permit. I complained to the athletic department and received no response.

I stopped renewing my season tickets after that year and had not attended a game since.

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 06, 2023, 11:29:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on September 06, 2023, 10:15:24 AM ---When did they stop the shuttle?

Since they took down the deck I would have thought that the Wick deck would be used more, hence more of a need for the shuttle.

--- End quote ---
I believe it was 2020. They shut down the Wick deck shuttle and moved it to Handicap lot on 5 th Ave & Wood street. In order to catch the shuttle, one had to walk to that lot. I just parked at Wick deck and walked to the stadium. I could not park at the handicap lot since they required a handicap parking permit. I complained to the athletic department and received no response.

I stopped renewing my season tickets after that year and had not attended a game since.

--- End quote ---

I haven’t been to campus in a couple years, but  did they put more parking where the Lincoln deck was?

ysu1982:
YSU should have had signs for parking lots, that were open to student because of classes on Thursday but not open to football fans. The normal lot I park in was not open to fans on Thursday. YSU listed these lots on website for football parking but were not available. I also saw a group of Valpo fans complaining about this and signs to event parking that were confusing.

pen4life:
Whoever is in charge really screwed up this year. If it doesn't improve count me out as a season tickets holder next year. I hope the university has the good sense to monitor this site.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: pen4life on September 06, 2023, 03:45:16 PM ---Whoever is in charge really screwed up this year. If it doesn't improve count me out as a season tickets holder next year. I hope the university has the good sense to monitor this site.

--- End quote ---
Before I retired as a faculty member, I had many run ins with the parking services in many university committee meetings. These guys were just not interested in improving the parking services.
I have given up, The same guy is still in charge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version