YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU poor handicap parking

<< < (4/6) > >>

Double ET:
IAAFAN, you are right. The Wick shuttle bus started in Wick deck. It then travelled to pickup people the handicap lot, the “the cheap tailgate lot,. Then everyone was dropped off by the north entrance of the stadium.
That shuttle was stopped as I mentioned.

BushwoodCC:
Just saw this pop up on the WFMJ Nightly 6pm News. Thanks to this forum, YSU has clarified the miscommunication over handicapped parking. The new lot by DeBartolo Hall is now used for handicapped parking. From there, YSU parking will use golf cart shuttles to transport fans to the stadium.

Link: https://www.wfmj.com/story/49638992/ysu-addresses-confusion-on-new-parking-situation-for-football-games

Double ET:

--- Quote from: BushwoodCC on September 12, 2023, 06:12:11 PM ---Just saw this pop up on the WFMJ Nightly 6pm News. Thanks to this forum, YSU has clarified the miscommunication over handicapped parking. The new lot by DeBartolo Hall is now used for handicapped parking. From there, YSU parking will use golf cart shuttles to transport fans to the stadium.

Link: https://www.wfmj.com/story/49638992/ysu-addresses-confusion-on-new-parking-situation-for-football-games

--- End quote ---

Thank you for posting the link. Since I was quoted in the article, I didn’t really want to make any more comments on this topic.

Since golf cart was mentioned to be used for handicap transportation, I thought I would share this true story with this group.

One of my faculty colleagues whom I watched the game with told me what had happened to him after the previous game.

He and his wife were making the long walk back to the Wick parking deck after the game (since the shuttle bus was discontinued). Suddenly, a golf cart pull up behind them and the driver asked where they were going.
He told the driver that he was heading to the Wick deck. The driver told them to jump in since he was going that way.
Guess who the driver was?……President Jim Tressel.
That’s Jim.

I hope YSU has enough golf cart to take all the handicap/old people back to the handicap parking lots after the game.

Wick250:
Congratulations to ET and others who once again forced the university to take action. As for the director of parking who admitted "information did not get out well enough," just whose job was it to inform the fans, you worthless (fill in the blank.)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: BushwoodCC on September 12, 2023, 06:12:11 PM ---Just saw this pop up on the WFMJ Nightly 6pm News. Thanks to this forum, YSU has clarified the miscommunication over handicapped parking. The new lot by DeBartolo Hall is now used for handicapped parking. From there, YSU parking will use golf cart shuttles to transport fans to the stadium.

--- End quote ---

Nice find!

Not clear to me if YSU is watching this forum or WFMJ, thinking WFMJ in this case, but good to hear that they have a plan. YSU should have come up with a better way to get that info out to the public.

Is that lot where the old deck used to be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version