YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ohio State Week

<< < (12/15) > >>

YsuPride:
I believe that Tyshon King should be the #1 back.  He is better than Dra by a long shot

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: coachtress on September 09, 2023, 07:14:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 09, 2023, 06:26:55 PM ---Guess I see this game completely different.  It was fairly obvious if Ohio St could have scored more if they wanted
We had no answer for Harrison.
Henderson could have had a bigger hand to if he was allowed.
That being said we played hard. My concern is we don’t have a player that can hit the home run on offense.   
We have s good punter.  Still think our offensive  coordinator is below average. 
I think we got out without any major injuries.
And yes we scored a td.  So that gives Philips a heads up on Heacock in money games!
I feel if we dont lose to who we not supposed to.  Playoffs can be realistic

--- End quote ---

Uhh, you had to mention Heacock.  Those money games in '05 against Pitt and '07 and '08 against the Buckeyes, it looked like we were not even trying.

--- End quote ---

Any point to that comment? Are you saying that simply trying harder would have given YSU a victory over OSU in any year? Guess you are just attacking a former HC that you do not like and talking about a completely different era of college ball. Just remember that Tressel coming from YSU and Heacock giving the Buckeyes a dummy team was what gave us the games in the first place. When you are looking for a payout, you give them what they want. Now they look at all games at the FBS level. Back when we first played OSU, the NCAA did not even care ... it was a payday and nothing more. Should still be the same now. No one could believe we got a 3-game 1.5 mil deal with OSU. That was unheard of, and JT gave it to us with certain concessions ... vanilla play be one of those. Different world today. We all know OSU could have put up 100 against us. My gosh their QB dropped the ball into the end-zone at well over 50-yards per strike, twice ... with ease. Then again, for YSU to drive down the field for a score and then force a punt was so much more than I could have hoped for.

That being said, we were composed and competitive in or execution, just thoroughly out matched. Unfortunately, Oliver was more outmatched than I expected him to be.  Agree on King, he is our back ... by far. That was evident last week as well. I sure worry about next year. No TB and no QB. But with the portal, let's just try to maximize this year. When we were in the early stages of the game, line play by YSU was outstanding. I am impressed!  Davidson again shows no fear and slings that ball like a veteran.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on September 10, 2023, 02:04:33 PM ---I believe that Tyshon King should be the #1 back.  He is better than Dra by a long shot

--- End quote ---
Could not agree more.

IAA Fan:
This is an OSU-YSU thread. Plenty of other places to put threads on other things. There is even a board for it.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 10, 2023, 04:55:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: coachtress on September 09, 2023, 07:14:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 09, 2023, 06:26:55 PM ---Guess I see this game completely different.  It was fairly obvious if Ohio St could have scored more if they wanted
We had no answer for Harrison.
Henderson could have had a bigger hand to if he was allowed.
That being said we played hard. My concern is we don’t have a player that can hit the home run on offense.   
We have s good punter.  Still think our offensive  coordinator is below average. 
I think we got out without any major injuries.
And yes we scored a td.  So that gives Philips a heads up on Heacock in money games!
I feel if we dont lose to who we not supposed to.  Playoffs can be realistic

--- End quote ---

Uhh, you had to mention Heacock.  Those money games in '05 against Pitt and '07 and '08 against the Buckeyes, it looked like we were not even trying.

--- End quote ---

Any point to that comment? Are you saying that simply trying harder would have given YSU a victory over OSU in any year? Guess you are just attacking a former HC that you do not like and talking about a completely different era of college ball. Just remember that Tressel coming from YSU and Heacock giving the Buckeyes a dummy team was what gave us the games in the first place. When you are looking for a payout, you give them what they want. Now they look at all games at the FBS level. Back when we first played OSU, the NCAA did not even care ... it was a payday and nothing more. Should still be them same now. No one could believe we got a 3-game 1.5 mil deal. That was unheard of, and JT gave it to us with certain concessions. Different world today. We all know OSU could have put up 100 against us. My gosh their QB dropped the ball into the end-zone at well over 50-yards per strike, twice. The again, for YSU to drive down the field and then force a punt was so much more than I could have hoped for.

That being said, we were composed and competitive in or execution, just thoroughly out matched. Unfortunately, Oliver was more outmatched than I expected him to be.  Agree on King, he is our back ... by far. That was evident last week as well. I sure worry about next year. No TB and no QB. But with the portal, let's just try to maximize this year. When we were in the early stages of the game, line play by YSU was outstanding. I am impressed!  Davidson again shows no fear and slings that ball like a veteran.

--- End quote ---

Tyshon King has another year of eligibility after this year... I am thinking he comes back to play next year, but time will tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version