YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Valpo Game Thread

<< < (5/9) > >>

YSU FAN#34:
Good God. Can we please bury the “where’s the crowd” comments and replies already? That dead horse has been beaten so many times already it’s physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: YSU FAN#34 on September 01, 2023, 01:00:51 PM ---Good God. Can we please bury the “where’s the crowd” comments and replies already? That dead horse has been beaten so many times already it’s physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting.

--- End quote ---

Well said. ESPN+ is the causal fan's best friend. The crowds are not coming back. Enjoy the games!

Those penalties are unacceptable. Targeting, taunting, ripping a helmet off, all in the same night. Ridiculous and it has to stop.

If the o-line does the job, our stable of running backs will be fine.

I suspect that we saw very little of the offensive playbook last night. No reason to be creative until Northern Iowa.

Brungard threw an excellent medium distance pass that set up the last touchdown. He has potential if we don't expect him to operate inside a pocket.

Kickers looked like they will be fine. Excellent coverage on our numerous kickoffs.

peteonastick:
Evaluation:
1.  Great tailgate
2.  Penalties were disappointing
3.  No pressure on QB - need to fix that!
4.  Need to improve run game especially this week  can’t be going three and out against Valpo let alone OSU. Will make for a long game for defense.
5.  Need to improve discipline!! Can’t have unsportsmanlike penalties!!
6.  Go to Columbus. Exit the busses. Keep the busses running. Play hard with no injuries. Get the check. Enter busses. Head home and get ready for Bobby amp and especially UNI.

Go Guins!

goodnews:
Typically game ONE is a vanilla offensive scheme.  However., I'm not sure the OC has another scheme.  The coach needs a signature victory.  A 3-1 start would provide that but after last evening a lot needs to improve.   Anything less than a playoff berth and home game with our schedule would be a failure in year 4 for this coach. 

Penquin68:
I was a bit disappointed in our performance as most have noted. The run game may be acceptable with King at rb. I was hoping that our d line would provide pressure on the qb, but not so.

I think this may be year 4, but the 1st 2 really don't count as 2 years with the covid disaster. We did not get the recruiting or development those years. The playoffs are expected, but not an easy job in our league with our team. I sure hope we make it.

OSU will be interesting. I hope it is not a complete beat down. I think OSU will not take it easy on us and try to run up the score for their ratings. We need to bring our A game and hope for the best. I attended the last 2 times there, but won't be attending this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version