YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Valpo Game Thread

<< < (4/9) > >>

YSUGO:
I only watched the first half.

1. Crowd was what I expected. Why!  Playing a non scholly crap team.  Fair ,  can I say playing a non scholly crap team.  Thursday night game. Is a hard draw as well right before Labor Day. 
2.  So as a fan knowing that we are playing  the non scholly crap team if I’m not motivated.  Do you really think the team is.  That’s where coaching come in and in the first half we were not getting it done.
3  These kind of games we should win by that margin.
4,  But to make any kind of assessment  on who whst where why because of  playing the non scholly crap team is impossible. 
5,  My point is  it was a  waste of time for me as a fan  to watch  this.  I will watch the second half.
6.  A win is a win though,  and I do feel we  are  looking bigger and  have  some takent.  I’m concerned  when we hit  the meat off. The schedule do we have enough speec and guys that can make chunk plays on offense to make up the loss of Jaleel.  On defense  we need to get more push from the D line  if we have to pressure with linebackers etc  our conference will eat us up with crossing routes  etc. 
AGAIN THE  COMPETITION ITS. HARD  TO   MAKE  ANY ASSESSMENT

Double ET:
After the first half, I was afraid the repeat of the Butler games.
I do not understand how we could give up a TD. Even an average high school corner back knows that, with less a minute to go in the half, you do not fall for a double move to let the receiver get behind you. I really think the DB was trying to get an Int by coming towards the ball. Oops, the receiver broke up field …..

penguinpower:
They played EVERYONE.  We did what we needed to do.  The second half was completely dominant.  The play calling in the first half wasn't helpful and the dropped passes and penalties impacted the game.  But when they turned it on it, it looked good. Concerned about not getting pressure without the LB's.

LB play was the best I've seen in a long time.

guinpen:
Not trying to say that they come from a good league but for the record Valpo does seem to off some schollys.

Quick search found this - This is the Valparaiso University (Indiana) Football scholarship and program information page. Here you can explore important information about Valparaiso University Football. This information is very valuable for all high school student-athletes to understand as they start the recruiting process. Valparaiso University is located in Valparaiso, IN and the Football program competes in the Pioneer Football League conference.
Valparaiso University does offer athletic scholarships for Football. Need-based and academic scholarships are available for student-athletes. Athletic scholarships are available for NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NAIA and NJCAA. On average, 34% of all student-athletes receive athletic scholarships.

YSU1:
Dont forget Valpo drove to the one yard line so that could have bewen another score (in the 1st half)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version