YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Crazy thought or is it

<< < (2/3) > >>

YSUGO:
Even though the Dakotas are good teams. For TV purposes not much to gain due to their lack of population.  Who knows the College football that we grew up too has evolved into something I don’t recognize. 

We

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 06, 2023, 08:14:46 AM ---Even though the Dakotas are good teams. For TV purposes not much to gain due to their lack of population.  Who knows the College football that we grew up too has evolved into something I don’t recognize. 

We

--- End quote ---

So true. I mean, the dominance of the DSU's is all based on population (or lack there of), so until a couple more DI schools show up with football, the dakotas will dominate. I mean, Ohio has 32 NCAA schools that play football. 12 of these are DI ...split over 5 conferences. There are a few more dominant DI schools that do not play football & we all know that MBB drives conference affiliation.  I mean with the addition of the two non-state schools, both Dakotas can now boast a whopping 4 (combined) number of schools that play DI football. Making the odds even more in their favor, premium athletes have ZERO IA/FBS schools in either state. So where does a good athlete that wants to stay close to home (very common right out of HS)? NDSU and SDSU. I mean YSU alone has 2 FBS/IA schools within 30-minutes. Recruits would jump at Kent or Akron over YSU, any day of the week.

guinpen:

I do not know how to factor in the number of FBS schools in Ohio, but simply looking at population and the number of NCAA football schools it looks like Ohio has the advantage. 32 NCAA schools in OH ( I trusted the number 32 ) for a population of 11,750,000 is 367,187 per. ND has 4 NCAA schools with a population of 763,600 or 190,900 per.

Obviously, the number of FBS schools, aka more scholarships, and the "name brand" that goes with some of these schools is the wildcard.

Bottom line is that NDSU is doing what it has to do, with what it has, to get the job done. I am impressed that even after at least three head coaching changes they just keep winning.

guinpen:
For the record, it is a joke that anyone would mention either school in a conversation about a league like the PAC12.

YsuPride:
QuinPen i totally agree.  So lets stop talking about it and move on to YSU 2023 foorball

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version