YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ysu Football 2023

<< < (2/7) > >>

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on July 17, 2023, 01:37:52 PM ---Running back from northern Michigan who is like Mclaughlin I believe but that was back in winter I believe so who knows if he is still coming.

--- End quote ---

https://ysusports.com/sports/football/roster/tyshon-king/6688

I normally would not get excited about a rb coming from d2 but Jaleel Mclauglin changed that thinking for me.  Although Jaleel rushed for over 2000 yds at ND college and King went for 900+.

YSUGO:
I doubt we are going to strike lightning in a bottle with transfer from Northern Michigan.  Phillips will be luckier than JT was.  I hope we are evolving our offense to the talent we have.  We can’t hope for the chunk plays Jaleel gave us time after time.  The League has a year of tape on Davidson.  They know his limitations and I’m still not sold that he can win without having a special player at RB like last year.  Then if we are like 2-5 do we scrap him
To see what we have behind hiim.  If he gets injured then what.  Qb is a big concern here. 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on July 17, 2023, 05:21:40 PM ---I doubt we are going to strike lightning in a bottle with transfer from Northern Michigan.  Phillips will be luckier than JT was.  I hope we are evolving our offense to the talent we have.  We can’t hope for the chunk plays Jaleel gave us time after time.  The League has a year of tape on Davidson.  They know his limitations and I’m still not sold that he can win without having a special player at RB like last year.  Then if we are like 2-5 do we scrap him
To see what we have behind hiim.  If he gets injured then what.  Qb is a big concern here.

--- End quote ---
From what I read with all the discussions coming out of the media in Denver, Jaleel has been impressive in camp so far. Many expected him to at least make the practice squad, if not the 53 men active roster. He was drafted mostly because of his 4.3/4.4 40 yards speed.

I guess we need to know what kind of speed this transfer from Northern Michigan has before we really know whether he is another Jaleel. His stat does not indicate his speed from what can find

From what I read, our other un drafted free agent on OL by LA Rams was also impressive in the minicamps.
We now have 5 penguins in NFL preseason camps (Houston, Tennessee, Indy, LA Rams and Denver).

YsuPride:
Beau Brungard is the 2nd team or should be.  He is a winner and good runner.  Short though.  Throwing may be an issue with pass rush coming at him.  Hopefully he doesn't have to get thrown into the frying pan this year but most likely will so coaches need to be prepared for that but i think they already know that.  I see only 4 QB'S on the roster.

guinpen:
BB has the heart and talent, his height is the wild card. Not facing high school d7 linemen any more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version