YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ysu Football 2023

<< < (6/7) > >>

The YO Show:
It is obviously not the same as Jaleel, but I think Rushton is going to be a pleasant surprise. I have a good feeling that while RB isn't going to be like last year, it will still be just fine.

The YO Show:
Well Penguin fans! We are inside of two weeks now, 12 days to game day to be specific  fb

YsuPride:
Go Guins

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 02, 2023, 07:07:38 PM ---Phillips' comments about the availability of superior athletes coming out of high school rings true. Each scholarship that a G5 school spends on a P5 transfer pushes a high school kid down to FCS or even D2.

It is obvious that the high school kids that Phillips recruits are vastly superior to those that Pelini brought to campus. How much of that was the impact of the portal and how much of that was Pelini's lack of effort? I don't know but am very happy with the direction that Phillips has taken our program.

--- End quote ---

I agree, the DSUs  don’t rely on transfers they do an excellent developing local players and win with upperclassman who have been in their system for 3-4 years.

I think transfers are exciting… but they only transfer because they weren’t good enough at their old school.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on August 24, 2023, 02:49:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 02, 2023, 07:07:38 PM ---Phillips' comments about the availability of superior athletes coming out of high school rings true. Each scholarship that a G5 school spends on a P5 transfer pushes a high school kid down to FCS or even D2.

It is obvious that the high school kids that Phillips recruits are vastly superior to those that Pelini brought to campus. How much of that was the impact of the portal and how much of that was Pelini's lack of effort? I don't know but am very happy with the direction that Phillips has taken our program.

--- End quote ---

I agree, the DSUs  don’t rely on transfers they do an excellent developing local players and win with upperclassman who have been in their system for 3-4 years.

I think transfers are exciting… but they only transfer because they weren’t good enough at their old school.

--- End quote ---

With the advent of the portal, you will never see those days of player development again.

The DSU's don't have 10 DI programs less than 100 miles away. So 90% of the DSU players have no where else to go that is close to home. People that live in North or South Dakota do not wish to ever live anywhere else, it is their lifestyle. Where I did nothing but wait until I was old enough to move away from Youngstown and find work. I know that sounds mean, but many local prospects feel the same way. Just think how you were when you were 17-18 years old. Home with mom and dad is the last place that you wanted to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version