YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois leaving the MVFC for the Ohio Valley.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wick250:

--- Quote from: goodnews on May 12, 2023, 10:41:59 PM ---Who will the conference target as a replacement?  Eastern Kentucky just left the OVC to join the A-Sun Conference in all sports.  I thought they were a better fit then Murray State but once the OVC started to crumble i'm sure they wanted to secure all sports.

--- End quote ---

My guess would be nobody.  Since the conference did not create divisions, there is not much need for another school. The MVC contingent within the MVFC orchestrated Murray State's addition for reasons of basketball. I guess my fear is that the Dakota schools will try to push St. Thomas out of Minnesota, the recently elevated DI member of the Summit League. That should be vetoed by all the MVC schools and by us.

YSUGO:
Missouri St. wants to move up to FBS eventually.  I saw something on the internet where I think the school prez said it as something he hopes happens. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 13, 2023, 01:39:22 AM ---Missouri St. wants to move up to FBS eventually.  I saw something on the internet where I think the school prez said it as something he hopes happens.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly the type of program we need to emulate. great women's sports, with NCAA WBB Tourney victories over Missouri, Ohio State, Florida State and several more. 13 NCAA's & two final-4 appearances. They make the NCAA or NIT most every year. They need to move up now or never. They negotiated twice with the Big-12, but of their men's sports (especially their FB program) holds them back.

YsuPride:
Big 12?   Really?    not even 1/4 the budget the current big 12 schools have now.  Don't ever see it happening while we are all alive.  0% chance in hell

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on May 19, 2023, 08:36:58 PM ---Big 12?   Really?    not even 1/4 the budget the current big 12 schools have now.  Don't ever see it happening while we are all alive.  0% chance in hell

--- End quote ---

I think women's sports were treated differently back then, basically independent of men's programs. I do not think that is still the case, but maybe I mean Butler did not have the funds for the Big East and then look what happened.. Villanova caught wind and did the same. However/ SMS is not private.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version