YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer Portal

<< < (6/31) > >>

YsuPride:
Double ET i have no clue if you are on the right track?  Anyone else who knows the portal pretty good? 
Need answers on this subject

YsuPride:
Maceo Austin from Sharon Kennedy is transferring from Duquesne .   He hasn't played much though last 2 years due to personal issues.    See if he considers us or is it not worth the personal issues.  He is listed at 6-5 and was a fairly high rated recruit out of High school.  Averaged 7 points a game as freshman at Duquesne.  But seem to have fallen off of the map and now wants to make a comeback for a year.   Any thoughts?

Wick250:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 23, 2023, 02:32:17 PM ---I assume Exigent circumstances should include the lost of scholarship from the current school.
If that is true, we can only get players from the portal after they have completed 4 year of eligibility.
All others can only receiver waivers if they meet the exigent circumstances.
So, if we want to get players (from portal) who could play more than one year, they must receive waivers.
Am I on the right track?

--- End quote ---

Look again at the information that guinpen provided for us this morning. If a player from his original school wants to transfer to YSU, he could do so no matter how many years of eligibility he had remaining. Those "exigent circumstances" would only apply to a player who had previously transferred.

YsuPride:
Don't forget the extra year they get due to covid.   I believe they are using the 19-20 year as a guide.  That is why Rush is able to get an extra year

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 23, 2023, 03:26:46 PM ---Maceo Austin from Sharon Kennedy is transferring from Duquesne .   He hasn't played much though last 2 years due to personal issues.    See if he considers us or is it not worth the personal issues.  He is listed at 6-5 and was a fairly high rated recruit out of High school.  Averaged 7 points a game as freshman at Duquesne.  But seem to have fallen off of the map and now wants to make a comeback for a year.   Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  His dad having a disabilty always wanted Maceo to play close to home and Duquense was a great option.   Maybe YSU will be a great fit too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version