YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer Portal

<< < (28/31) > >>

YSUGO:
So did anybody read the kids bio at Tech. Played at a couple of junior colleges Covid happened and then
Other college sd they were dropping Basketball. The kid looks like
he came up in a tough area in Oakland and didn’t have much benefit of having support system or have parents that can afford to have him play AAU or whatever which can cost a lot.  The Kid thought he was done after Covid.  But it looks like he is driven and doesn’t want to give up. I would take 5 of those guys instead of some spoiled kid. We don’t know what agreement he had with the Tech coach.  I’m  sure  Calhoun did his due diligence.  Plus maybe the NiL we offer is better. He might have to support his family.  You guys are already labeling him  before even the paint is dry.   

What I see is a baller who  wanted to come to play here.  This wouldn’t have happened 5 years ago.  Welcome aboard Mr.  Thompson!!!

ucfpengbuck:
I'm with YSUGO on this one.   There are a lot of players who have been to multiple schools .  Just off the top of my head last years starting point guard Bryce McBride went to two jucos,Eastern Michigan,and YSU.
Amari Davis who played for Wright State last season started at Green Bay transfered to Iowa State and is now at the University of Tampa.
Only know about Brett Thompson's through the article and I'm sure he's had some tough times but seems to keep on perservering.   Glad he's a penguin.

YsuPride:
I fully agree with Penguin Nick.  This kid had a GPA of 1.9 and originally didn't qualify to play at tech until he took online classes to get him to play and be eligible.  He seems by the video like a quality player as he averaged  12 pts a game and started.   The question is why would he transfer then from Tech.   Mind boggling.  I'll take him for a year then he is done i guess.

YsuPride:
We probably have had the top transfer class come in besides the two Wisconsin teams.  They both did well too.
Detroit recruited well as they have tons of big men.  Only thing is if we can get them to all mesh with Rush and Lovelace

YsuPride:
Myles Hunter signed with Tampa.  Thought he would go to  Div 1 school.   Best of luck to Myles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version