YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

March Madness should be our focus not football.

<< < (5/7) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 19, 2023, 02:23:30 PM ---Much, much easier to have success in Basketball than Football. YSU football program is dying and there is little interest so let's ride the success and excitement that Calhoun and staff have brought this year.

--- End quote ---

Not so. We ere into it, then we left early and interest tumbled back down. Don't blame fans for the teams performance. That will always be the case. FYI, this is a football town ... always will be. As I have stated before, I will  drop MBB in a second if it means a better FB program. WBB is where we need to focus.

YsuPride:
IAA-Fan what are you crazy? Support WBB more than MBB.  Simply NUTS.  I support any team at YSU and possibly you should too.  We can do both Basketball and Football success.  It can be done.  It's not a choice.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 21, 2023, 12:17:25 PM ---IAA-Fan what are you crazy? Support WBB more than MBB.  Simply NUTS.  I support any team at YSU and possibly you should too.  We can do both Basketball and Football success.  It can be done.  It's not a choice.

--- End quote ---

I too support all YSU sports. However, if we had good WBB team, our MBB can feed off it. Look at Uconn, or closer to home .. MO State or UWGB. This pattern is what we should have been following since the days of DiGregorio. We would have more consistency

YSUinBoston:
I think Jim Calhoun would challenge where UConn's basketball prowess originated from.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 21, 2023, 12:05:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 19, 2023, 02:23:30 PM ---Much, much easier to have success in Basketball than Football. YSU football program is dying and there is little interest so let's ride the success and excitement that Calhoun and staff have brought this year.

--- End quote ---

Not so. We ere into it, then we left early and interest tumbled back down. Don't blame fans for the teams performance. That will always be the case. FYI, this is a football town ... always will be. As I have stated before, I will  drop MBB in a second if it means a better FB program. WBB is where we need to focus.

--- End quote ---

Such a ridiculous statement. There is so, so much more excitement for basketball right now than football. Nobody wants to sit with 5k other fans in a freezing cold stadium to watch a weenie principal head coach lose games. Even when the team was good and went on that run to the championship with Bo, the stands weren't even filled. Nobody cares about a dying program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version