YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Attendance

(1/3) > >>

YsuPride:
We averaged 3,100 fans a game.  When was the last time we had that?  Probably the 1980's under Mike Rice.
That being said it shows that the University needs to focus on basketball more now that we are on the map.
We lose a lot of seniors but do have Brandon Rush able to come back and most likely Lovelace,  Plus the portal in the works.   Plus we signed 3 high school player and a Juco.    Time too not take the foot off of the pedal until we get that Coveted NCAA Tournament berth.  Look at all of the upsets so far.   Half of Robert Morris team entered the portal and some of the league did but no one yet from YSU.  Lets keep our fingers crossed.  Go Guins!!!
I look forward to the 23-24 basketball season like no other.   

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 18, 2023, 10:08:07 AM ---We averaged 3,100 fans a game.  When was the last time we had that?  Probably the 1980's under Mike Rice.
That being said it shows that the University needs to focus on basketball more now that we are on the map.
We lose a lot of seniors but do have Brandon Rush able to come back and most likely Lovelace,  Plus the portal in the works.   Plus we signed 3 high school player and a Juco.    Time too not take the foot off of the pedal until we get that Coveted NCAA Tournament berth.  Look at all of the upsets so far.   Half of Robert Morris team entered the portal and some of the league did but no one yet from YSU.  Lets keep our fingers crossed.  Go Guins!!!
I look forward to the 23-24 basketball season like no other.

--- End quote ---

IMO, Rush transferred into YSU last year, it’s unlikely for him to enter the portal again. For the rest of the current roster, Lovelace is probably the only one good enough to transfer out. I just could not see anyone else to transfer out to bigger programs….. unless they wanted to transfer to d-2.

mudclods:
I agree on Rush. Ironically he camefrom Fairleigh Dickinson that won 4 games last year. Only way you'd think he'd transfer is if Coach left or he felt the team wasn't going to be a winner.

I'd be surprised if Lovelace left but you really don't know.

I could see Dunn possibly moving down to D2 or D3. YSU has lost a few to that in recent years. Have to wonder about Owens. At one point Coach said he was a work in progress.

Not sure what to think on Hunter & Shemar. Seemed like after he got snowed in in Toronto & didn't play hardly at all those next 2 games then the injury he lost all his playing time. He went from being a starter to like 9th or 10th.

Double ET:
I think coach has decided, toward the end of the season, that he could only win by playing the starting 5 plus Lovelace and Hunter (limited time for Covington)

Covington did not even get in the OSU game. I honestly think that we could have beaten NKU if Nelson didn’t get into foul trouble and Cohill didn’t foul out with 5 minutes to go.

We also OSU game could have won if we could make some of those open 3. That was how FDU took down Purdue. FDU played the same type of offensive game as YSU. Somehow, they were about to knock down the 3 balls and collapse on the big 7-4 center.

goodnews:
FDU you beat Purdue by pressing and defending the entire floor for 40 minutes. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version