YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Calhoun press conference and the future

(1/4) > >>

YSUGO:
I copied the link he had some great insight if you listen to the press conference. Listen to that and you will hear his wish list.

https://ysusports.com/news/2023/3/15/mens-basketball-penguins-put-forth-valiant-effort-in-69-64-loss-to-oklahoma-state.aspx

YsuPride:
He mentions new arena as soon as possible and that we are raising money to get a new/remoldeled arena.
Must happen quick or Calhoun may bolt for another school.   Fans are willing to pay for tickets now that we are good so why give them away for Free?   Maybe charge students like $5 or something.

PENS16:
Let’s assume 15 home games with 500 students a game(which is a big assumption.) That would be an additional $37,500. I think the students should get in free. We went 14-3 at home and could have easily won each of the three games we lost. I believe the students are integral part of crowds and would not start charging for them. Almost all major universities allow their students in for free.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: PENS16 on March 16, 2023, 03:03:18 PM ---Let’s a$$ume 15 home games with 500 students a game(which is a big a$$umption.) That would be an additional $37,500. I think the students should get in free. We went 14-3 at home and could have easily won each of the three games we lost. I believe the students are integral part of crowds and would not start charging for them. Almost all major universities allow their students in for free.

--- End quote ---

We don’t charge the students because part of their general fees are allocated to athletic budget.

goodnews:
If you listened to Calhoun he stressed the NIL money almost more so than the new facility. Now more than ever, corporate sponsorship and alumni donations are paramount.  If the AD doesn't have the right people in place to generate additional $$$ the department will suffer.  In addition, now that Tressel is gone these coaches will have to close the deal with recruits.  I'm quite positive he was used by the basketball and football coaches to help seal the deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version