YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Calhoun

<< < (4/7) > >>

Dmorton:
Agreed!

PeteGuinYo:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 10, 2023, 04:26:16 PM ---Good post chez,

I think that coach has done a good job but not quite ready for the big time yet. Not sure what he makes since the extension but he needs to be paid as much as his peers.

--- End quote ---

Let's not fool ourselves...there is plenty of interest in Coach Calhoun from other programs.

When Coach signed his extension, he did so with essentially no salary increase.  That kept him at 10th lowest out of 11 Horizon League Coaches.   IF (that's a BIG IF) the YSU Board of Trustees were to double his pay, it would still only put him in the middle of the pack. Is that enough to keep him - who knows - but I personally hope they at least recognize that we've had him on the cheap this entire time. 

But there's a lot of questions in my mind:

Can the Penguin faithful live in a post-Tressel era where the basketball coach makes $100,000 a year more than the football coach?  Heresy!!!   

Just imagine how the YSU Faculty Union will play this one ahead of this year's contract negotiations.  Does our new President and Board want the heat?

Does Coach have unfinished business at YSU?  Yes. 

Has has he done enough be paid like the other top Horizon League Coaches?  Absolutely.

I hope the YSU Board of Trustees https://ysu.edu/board-of-trustees/member-profiles decides Coach is worth keeping around for a little longer.  And if they do, maybe Jerrod will be like Tressel and wait for the "right" job.

YsuPride:
On the board is Former Congressman Ryan's brother Allen.   Isn't that a coincidence

ytownchief22:
I can't see Calhoun bailing just yet unless he thinks this year was his best chance to do something. Once Huggins leaves WVU, then be nervous.

YsuPride:
I hear Huggins may leave in a year or two. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version