YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Son of Pete Maravich, ‘Sick to My Stomach’

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cimo7:
He is right. Records are earned, not given. There is not justification for this team to play on just because some ppl think he deserves the record?? He had 5 season and still fell short. It is what it is.
If they are going to count Davis and all 5 seasons plus a garbage invite to the CBI then they should count Pete's freshman year.

YsuPride:
I thought Pistol Pete didn't play as a freshman.   did he play freshman ball?

guinpen:
Love the irony, the CBI can use the attention, but the attention will only expose their lack of credibility.

The right thing to do would be to just clean out the lockers.

YSUinBoston:
I have to admit, I didn't know who held the most career college points up until about two weeks ago. The records are nice and all, but they mean way less to people in reality than we tend to think in the moment. Whether or not Davis breaks the record, two years from now, everyone will still know Pistol Pete was an all-time great and no one will remember Davis played basketball outside of the people at Detroit.

Can you imagine being on the Detroit team though and the whole thing the last few years has been an elaborate way for the coach's son to run up stats? Doesn't that stuff stop after grade school LOL

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUinBoston on March 09, 2023, 11:35:45 AM ---I have to admit, I didn't know who held the most career college points up until about two weeks ago. The records are nice and all, but they mean way less to people in reality than we tend to think in the moment. Whether or not Davis breaks the record, two years from now, everyone will still know Pistol Pete was an all-time great and no one will remember Davis played basketball outside of the people at Detroit.

Can you imagine being on the Detroit team though and the whole thing the last few years has been an elaborate way for the coach's son to run up stats? Doesn't that stuff stop after grade school LOL

--- End quote ---

Unless Davis makes it big in NBA, people will not remember him even if he breaks the record.
There is no different than Jaleel McLaughlin. Unless he makes big in NFL, nobody will know him as the running leader in NCAA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version