YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Crowd 5584

(1/2) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
They said that was the largest since 2013.  Many times over the years on this message board I have said  back in the 70s there were games that had at least 6000.  Well I think I was wrong since I checked the vindy archives and saw the 1976 win against Pitt had only 5200 and the 1977 d2 NCAA game vs Randolph Macon only had 4k.

I was a teenager then and the eye test looked packed but it was neat looking back at the old Vindicator articles.

mudclods:
I still can't believe they didn't lower the other grandstands

PENS16:
Was on that side…it was three-deep standing room. I stood the whole game. Valpo I believe was over 6,000 in 2000.

YsuPride:
Yes we had a huge crowd.    I don't know why we haven't lowered the stands since beginning of the year.  Who cares if we use it to support the boosters or whatever but it was deep and I noticed that lots of standing fans.  Horizon league should have made us lower them.   More ammo tho for a new or remodeled Beeghly.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 02, 2023, 11:37:11 PM ---They said that was the largest since 2013.  Many times over the years on this message board I have said  back in the 70s there were games that had at least 6000.  Well I think I was wrong since I checked the vindy archives and saw the 1976 win against Pitt had only 5200 and the 1977 d2 NCAA game vs Randolph Macon only had 4k.

I was a teenager then and the eye test looked packed but it was neat looking back at the old Vindicator articles.

--- End quote ---

Was at the Randolph Macon game, still can't believe we lost that game! Was a great crowd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version